Tortola Excursions

Carrickbeg

We didn't attempt the baths, we had our 6 and 2.5 yr olds with us... we went to Magen's Bay on st. Thomas the day before which is a busy beach with some activities, etc... so we wanted something a little more low key for Tortola. We asked the bus drivers when we got off the ship what they recommended and they said Brewer's Bay. We had a great time there, it's beautiful, quiet, FREE, exactly what we wanted!!! Link to my review in my signature with lots more pics.

662.jpg

650.jpg

I really enjoyed the Baths tour but imagine it would be quite difficult with a toddler. I even think you'd be pushing it with a 7 year old. Some of the passages are narrow and you are walking through water that is between ankle and waist deep some of the time. Very beautiful though.

Just looking for excursion recommendations for Tortola. Going in March and we are only there from 7 to 1. We have a toddler and a 7 year old. Would the Virgin Gorda and Baths be too much for small children? Thank you!

You'd do well to ask this on the Tortola Port of Call sub-forum:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=290

You'll get responses from a wider variety of travelers (not just those on NCL).

Brewers Bay is awesome. Not crowded at all. Great snorkeling right off the beach too. No amenities except a little bar. You need to bring your own snorkel equipment though. Only an $8 cab ride per person and a beautiful ride.

We didn't attempt the baths, we had our 6 and 2.5 yr olds with us... we went to Magen's Bay on st. Thomas the day before which is a busy beach with some activities, etc... so we wanted something a little more low key for Tortola. We asked the bus drivers when we got off the ship what they recommended and they said Brewer's Bay. We had a great time there, it's beautiful, quiet, FREE, exactly what we wanted!!! Link to my review in my signature with lots more pics.

Thank you CamaCama. Great photos!! Thank you. I think we are definitely doing Magen's Bay in St. Thomas. I will look at Brewer's Bay for Tortola.

Edited by Carrickbeg

I really enjoyed the Baths tour but imagine it would be quite difficult with a toddler. I even think you'd be pushing it with a 7 year old. Some of the passages are narrow and you are walking through water that is between ankle and waist deep some of the time. Very beautiful though.

Thanks wsoxfan. It seems like it is a No. We'll have to go back when they are older. I appreciate your response!

I'm interested in Brewer's Bay, but my only concern is timing. The ship is in port between 7AM and 2PM. It's a really odd time. Any issues getting transportation that early?

Sizzlechest exactly my concern. Mine leaves at 1:00. I think I'm going to stick to an excursion through NCL so I don't have to worry about a time issue with the kids.

Another vote for Magens Bay in St. Thomas. Perfect for little kids.

We were able to do The Baths (incredible!!) with our 8 yr old and she had difficulty exploring the caves to Devils Bay. The path to the Baths is fairly easy but it might still be challenging with a toddler.

Our port time was 7am-3pm but we still felt very rushed.