Walt Disney world Orlando -Character Breakfasts ?

Jasjas

Could anyone please tell me more about Character Breakfasts...? I will be visiting WDW with my granddaughter in June of this year, staying at the Disney Boardwalk Inn...

She will have her 10th birthday while we are there. I read about Character Breakfasts and wondered what it is all about...It would just make her day to have breakfast with Elsa from FROZEN...??

Please tell me more...

Thanks

Jasjas.

I don't believe Elsa or any other Frozen characters are currently in a character breakfast. If you check the Walt Disney World website you can look at all the dining options and characters at each.

Currently the only princess breakfasts are Cinderella's Royal Table (the castle) in Magic Kingdom and Akershus in Epcot. They usually include Cinderella, Sleeping Beauty, Snow White, Little Mermaid, and others. You need to book these 180 days out to get a reservation. The characters at the other breakfast buffets are unique to each.

Just across the lake from the board walk inn is the Disney Beach club. They serve a great buffet breakfast at their Cape May cafe with Characters. Usually Micky , goofy etc. can't ever recall seeing a princess or anything like that. You could check with them.

It's a short walk from Board walk or you can take boat transport across.

You should make reservations in advance.

Could anyone please tell me more about Character Breakfasts...? I will be visiting WDW with my granddaughter in June of this year, staying at the Disney Boardwalk Inn...

She will have her 10th birthday while we are there. I read about Character Breakfasts and wondered what it is all about...It would just make her day to have breakfast with Elsa from FROZEN...??

Please tell me more...

Thanks

Jasjas.

At the entrance of any of the four theme parks go to Guest Relations and pick up a Birthday Celebration button for your granddaughter (they also have other celebration buttons). There is a Mom's Panel site as follows for any questions you need answered that aren't already covered in the other site areas. It is:

https://disneyparksmomspanel.disney.go.com/questions.aspx?pgm=2&pid=132&cid=139&qid=298849

Of course the WDW website will show the Character Dining times and availability - you want to do it as soon as possible - June 6th to August 11th are Peak Season dates for the summer. There are cancellations so you may get lucky.

Go to the WDW website and click on "Dining" for options...

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com

You can meet Anna and Elsa at Princess Fairytale Hall

Reserve Before You Go Remember: Make the most of FastPass+ and reserve access to an enchanted meeting with Anna and Elsa at Princess Fairytale Hall before you arrive!

No Elsa or Anna, but Sofia the First is at Hollywood and Vine Play n' Dine located at Hollywood and Vine in Disney's Hollywood Studios. Breakfast and Lunch

The Unofficial Vacation Planning Guide for WDW website is:

http://allears.net

Click on Walt Disney World at the top of the Menu...So much information, even for the questions you didn't ask!

Here is a link for a list of Where the Characters Dine:

http://allears.net/din/cbchar.htm

Good Luck and have fun!

Linda

Dear Linda....Thank you SO much for all the valuable info...I will surely follow up on everything !!

Nastasja, my granddaughter is a Disney fanatic and I am so excited to see all her reactions at WDW...we have never been to anything like a Disney park as we live in South Africa which is more than 15 hours by air from Orlando.... But she lives for her Disney Movies...

Sincere thanks...

Jasjas

There is also a popular character breakfast at Ohana at the Polynesian with Lilo.

We are in DVC and stay at Boardwalk often. It is very convenient to Epcot and the studios. There is a great Frozen show at the studios, and the Frozen ride where Maelstrom used to be in Epcot will open soon. There will also be a character meet and greet there with the sisters. There could also be Frozen fireworks and the parade over the summer at the studios unless it stays Stars Wars.

Be sure to book your fastpasses 60 days prior to check in. Anna and Elsa meet and greet at Magic Kingdom is one of the most popular and runs out very fast.

I would recommend disboards.com for more info and for help planning what day to go to which park use easywdw.com.

Edited by lvz2cruz

Dear lvz2Cruz,

Thanx SO much for all the GREAT tips...I will surely look at everything...I really feel a bit bewildered...But I am sure everything will work out just fine...

Sincerely.

Jasjas.

There is a dinner at Grand Floridian Resort with Cinderella and Prince Charming.

Most character dining that are not inside of a park are going to be Mickey and gang (none will include all characters). For Character dining in the parks, you must have park admission for the day.

Chef Mickey at the Contemporary Resort is a great one for a first timer. Breakfast, brunch or dinner. Mickey Donald Goofy Pluto, no Minnie.

Cape May at Caribbean Beach is breakfast only and is Donald Minnie Goofy and maybe Pluto (can't remember 100%) no Mickey.

It is possible to make reservations at any time due to there being cancellations, BUT more options for times the earlier you reserve.

Any other questions, just ask!

Dear Surrocruiser,

Thanks for the valuable info...

One question please : Can prepaid mealvouchers be used at Cape May Character Breakfast ?

Thank YOU.

Jasjas.

Ps We will be staying at Disney Boardwalk Inn.

Edited by Jasjas

Thanx Surrocruiser... I guess I actually meant "dining package"...

My kids, that live in the USA now, made all the reservations and bought the "meals"...I suppose they will be able to tell me more....but they are so busy 'setting up house' that I don't want to bother them too much...

We will catch up with them at WDW in June for a weeklong stay in Orlando...

Looking forward so much...

Sincerely.

Jasjas.

Most of the WDW dining plans include character meals. There is a quick-service-only plan, though, and character meals aren't included in that one.

There's a lot of information about dining plans here: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/planning-guides/in-depth-advice/disney-dining-plan/ -- the PDFs on the right side of the page list which restaurants accept which plans, as well as indicating some locations that count as two meals per person.

It has been several years since we went so I can't give advice on specific choices or characters at each. But I will say it was worth the cost. Book an early one, you get into the park before it opens then when you are done you are already in the park. I also recommend the book Walt Disney World with Kids.