pre-cruise concierge question

Starflyr3

We just returned from the Gem

They had the new coffee makers in the suites. The teas are tea bags. No more pods. Tea was Earl Grey, Jasmine, Chamomile,. Pods were coffee regular, decaf, and and a less caffeine regular.

We requested non feather pillows. They left us three different types of pillows in the room to choose from.

Specific food requests are better for the butler when you see them on the ship.

• 3 weeks later...
I finally emailed the pre cruise concierge. It appears that they can sort of preschedule some things and I guess there's a preferences section somewhere in the passenger reservation, which is fantastic.

Has anyone had Omar as their concierge?

Here is what I sent:

Reservation #: XXXXXXXX

Hello!

I recieved the pre cruise letter for our March Jade cruise, it was a little vague, so I thought I would go ahead and email. I am not entirely clear on which things I should ask pre cruise vs after boarding. If any of these requests are better made on board, please let me know!

1. No feather pillows, please. Climarelle and ultrafoam would be fantastic. (firm for the children (2))

2. We would appreciate assistance in getting on the list for the Chef's Table (I know it cannot be official until onboard) (for 2)

3. I know there is usually 1 "behind the scenes" tour per sailing, again, we would appreciate being put on the list.

4. Several requests for the room:

- We would appreciate it if the mini fridge were emptied of the for-charge items

- We would like some orange juice and chocolate milk in the fridge (for children)

- No coffee pods, please only tea, any flavor is fine

- is it possible to get honey instead of sugar for the tea?

5. I was hoping to arrange a "spa day" for the day we are in Belize (3/15), including facial, massage, mani/pedi and hair services. Is this something that is better to arrange onboard?

6. Is it possible to find out who the concierge and/or butler for our suite will be for our sailing?

7. Lastly, I do not seem to be able to reserve dining for 3/14 and 3/15. Does this have to do with the port schedule?

Thank you!

Starflyr3 (and family)

Here is what I got back today:

Good Afternoon Starflyr3,

I have updated your reservation with your preferences. I have also added your requests for the Chef’s Table, Behind the Scenes tour and your spa day for 3/15 , these will all be confirmed onboard.

Your concierge will be Omar. I am showing we do have dining reservations available on 3/14 and 3/15. I would be more than happy to make them for you, please let me know the reservations you would like to make.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can assist you with.

Kind Regards,

Krystal Bolden

I was unable to reserve dining onlne on 2 of the days as well. I phoned tech services and he said he could see all the days. Some glitch so he did it for me.

• 5 months later...

Good Afternoon,

I will be sailing on the GEM in April in a 2 bedroom Haven. I have gotten a ton of ideas here and cannot thank everyone enough!

My one question is people are asking for bottles of liquor - is that included?

I understand the items in the frig are for purchase but then there is something about a minibar?

Can someone clarify?

Thank you

Danielle

Good Afternoon,

I will be sailing on the GEM in April in a 2 bedroom Haven. I have gotten a ton of ideas here and cannot thank everyone enough!

My one question is people are asking for bottles of liquor - is that included?

I understand the items in the frig are for purchase but then there is something about a minibar?

Can someone clarify?

Thank you

Danielle

The liquor is for DOS and Garden Villas. 2 bedrooms don't receive that.

The mini-bar is for purchase (a/k/a fridge) - not included with the room (or the UBP either).

Enjoy!

The mini-bar is for purchase (a/k/a fridge) - not included with the room (or the UBP either).

Enjoy!

Got it - Thank You very much for the clarification!!! Anything else I should know?

Enjoy!

It's not just for the deluxe owners suite, its for the "owners suite with large balcony" too.

-Keith