Splendor and dry dock in March

love2traveljen

Hey all! I know the splendor is going into dry dock in March, does anyone know what they are doing with her then? Is she getting any upgrades? I know she doesn't have the 2.0 upgrades, and I'm hoping they will! Anywhere i search it doesn't give any details about the dry dock, and wondering if anyone knows the inside scoop? Thanks!

Since the Splendor is going to China in 2018..no 2.0 upgrades. Only general maintenance upgrades are being done......carpets, painting, mechanical, etc.

What they said. Now I'm really hoping that it won't be the ship to replace Miracle when it goes to China.

Since the Splendor is going to China in 2018..no 2.0 upgrades. Only general maintenance upgrades are being done......carpets, painting, mechanical, etc.

Actually no one knows that for sure. Carnival has never made a statement or announcement on what or if any upgrades or 2.0 are going on the ship. LOTS of rumors of blue cantina, red frogs and guys going in and LOTS of rumors of its not going in. Some have even said they talked to the cruise director on splendor and some travel agent walk through a few months ago and said it will get red frogs and guys and other rumors no guys but yes on red frogs and blue cantina. Basically it's all rumors until carnival makes an announcement but I doubt they will since they never have on other ships as to what's going to be added. There have been lots of threads started about splendors dry dock upgrades but not once have I seen something solid from carnival themselves on what's being done. We just have to wait and see when it's out of dry dock what the passengers on its first cruise after dry dock say has changed.

I will add to the conversation that when Carnival begins in the China Market it will be focused on China NOT guests from other countries to sail from China. Regarding possible 2.0 upgrades perhaps we should ask the question "How popular is Guy in Asia?" I am not asking about the burger served but rather would it be worth the cost of branding a "Guy's" burger joint?

Actually no one knows that for sure. Carnival has never made a statement or announcement on what or if any upgrades or 2.0 are going on the ship. LOTS of rumors of blue cantina, red frogs and guys going in and LOTS of rumors of its not going in. Some have even said they talked to the cruise director on splendor and some travel agent walk through a few months ago and said it will get red frogs and guys and other rumors no guys but yes on red frogs and blue cantina. Basically it's all rumors until carnival makes an announcement but I doubt they will since they never have on other ships as to what's going to be added. There have been lots of threads started about splendors dry dock upgrades but not once have I seen something solid from carnival themselves on what's being done. We just have to wait and see when it's out of dry dock what the passengers on its first cruise after dry dock say has changed.

We're booked on the first cruise after dry dock (not my ideal cruise, but that's when spring break is), so I will let you know once onboard.

I'd be surprised if it didn't get the "2.0 upgrades", I know it's going to China but eventually it will be coming back to the US no? And if it does without a Guy's, Red Frog, Blue Cantina, etc. Splendor will really be leaving things to be desired.

Send that tub to China ASAP. That ship needs a COMPLETE gut and retool. Good riddance. Worst ship in the fleet in my opinion. Others love it tho.

I wouldn't be surprised to see the Splendor in Long Beach..after the Miracle leaves. Then in 2018..if the Splendor does go to China...I hope we get a Conquest class ship.

Jimmy Geegitz and kamac56, why do you both feel this way about the Splendor? I mean is it more than one thing that was bad? I am just curious, because I am booked on it later this year, and regardless of other's opinion I will take that cruise as long as I and family are in good health.

I would be more interested in specific reasons why you both did not like the ship, rather than blanket statements of the "ship is a tub" etc. Last year I was on the Victory, and had read many of the same types of comments on that ship, but I still liked the ship. Regardless of that; I am still interested more in specific reasons why you didn't like the ship, because some of those may not apply to me. I respect you opinions, positive or negative, because everyone is different with their expectations. Thanks for any feedback.:)

We're booked on the first cruise after dry dock (not my ideal cruise, but that's when spring break is), so I will let you know once onboard.

Cool, thanks cause were on here in April.

Send that tub to China ASAP. That ship needs a COMPLETE gut and retool. Good riddance. Worst ship in the fleet in my opinion. Others love it tho.

Every cruise ship that floats has someone or more that hates it and its the worst ship and everyone of those same ships has someone or more that loves it and thinks its the best ship and everything in between. To each their own.

Its going in for dry dock in march for a quick refurbish and freshening up so we'll see how she looks afterwards compared to before. I myself have nothing to go off of before though as I've never been on Splendor before let alone any cruise ship for that matter. this is going to be me and the wifes first ever cruise.

• 4 weeks later...
What they said. Now I'm really hoping that it won't be the ship to replace Miracle when it goes to China.

We just booked the Splendor doing a 7 night eastern from 2/12 to 2/19/17. We just cruised on the Victory this past January and the CD said a "ship" was going to China, next year 2017. I see some say 2018? I know the ship is the Splendor now. I sure hope after the dry dock we do get the upgrades and I must admit I am a little concerned that my 2/12/17 - 2/19/17 cruise might get bumped if she goes to China in 2017 not 2018? Guess we will see.

Lee & Kelli