Phillipsburg

BIG_Steve

We were in Sint Maarten a couple of years ago. We took a tour around the Dutch side, nudie beach, Maho beach. Then over to Marigot. I really don't remember much about Phillipsburg. Is it a cool place to wander around port? What did you like doing there?

We like Marigot enough that we wouldn't mind taking a cab over there for the day. Anyone know what a cab costs? Is it hard to get a cab for the ride back?

Thanks.

Edited by BIG_Steve

We were in Sint Maarten a couple of years ago. We took a tour around the Dutch side, nudie beach, Maho beach. Then over to Marigot. I really don't remember much about Phillipsburg. Is it a cool place to wander around port? What did you like doing there?

We like Marigot enough that we wouldn't mind taking a cab over there for the day. Anyone know what a cab costs? Is it hard to get a cab for the ride back?

Thanks.

Was this Bernard's tour?Was the "nudie" beach Orient.? That's the other beach on his tour other than Maho.

Edited by Karysa

A standard independent taxi cost me $20 each way (4 weeks ago). Negotiated up front. He also waited until we were ready to take us back with was nice of him.

The tour operators were quoting $10pp each way but you had to wait for a group big enough to fill their van.

Was this Bernard's tour?Was the "nudie" beach Orient.? That's the other beach on his tour other than Maho.

Yes, Bernards. Very good company.

Orient was the nudie beach. The only nude folks we saw everyone on the tour had wished was covered up. :) But it's not about gawking at naked people either.

Thank-you.

How long was he waiting for you to go back?

A standard independent taxi cost me $20 each way (4 weeks ago). Negotiated up front. He also waited until we were ready to take us back with was nice of him.

The tour operators were quoting $10pp each way but you had to wait for a group big enough to fill their van.

This is in line with what I posted up-thread.

The current posted rate from the St. Maarten Taxi Association is $20 for a taxi for two from Philipsburg to Marigot. The rate per person for 3 - 5 should be $9 and for six or more, $8 pp.

You shouldn't have to have your taxi wait, as the posted fare should be each way.

gary