Turtle farm

Elaine515

We are planning on doing it on our own in 2 weeks. A taxi will be about $25-30 per my research. If you purchase the tickets that include the pools, water slides etc... Online you can save 20% off the $45 adult and $25 kid price.

You can also take the public bus to and from which is only $2 per person

• 2 weeks later...

We did it in June on our own. We walked the couple of blocks to the bus depot and took a van there for $2.50 pp. we pre-paid online and there was a 20% discount for doing that, even on the $18 basic entry. They have since changed that so we will be paying full price when we go in September. If I was staying on the island I would do the big package but we have other things we want to do with our short time there so we will just do the basic entry again. We love it! This will be the first time for my 4 year old and he is so excited! When we were ready to leave we walked out to the road where there is a bus stop and took it back to Royal palms for lunch and a swim. Easy peasy :)

Update.. we got off the ship, grabbed a taxi right to the Turtle Farm. Admission is normally $18pp but if a taxi driver walks you in, it's only $10pp so a savings right there of $24 :) :) Spent about 2 hours walking around and yes, we got into the water and played with the younger turtles. It was so much fun..

It was very interesting and we were also lucky enough to learn all about the turtles from a worker there.

Grabbed the "bus" which seriously is a van for the ride back and that was $2.50pp (and the driver will make change). In our case, the "bus" was full from the Turtle Farm of all passengers headed back to the Port so we made no stops :) :)

All in all, the 3 adults (2 fifty year olds and a 25 year old) had a great time there and I would definitely recommend it. And if you're only interested in the Turtle Farm and nothing else (Carnival offers Turtle Farm with other options) then on your own is the way to go....

The $10pp admission fee does not include the Water Park that looked great if you have young children with you but I do not know how much extra that is...

:)

Edited by Elaine515