Liberty VS Oasis and cabin selection

Looking to book a cruise for this summer. Been on Royal twice before but on Oasis and Allure. I absolutely loved Oasis more than Allure although they are sister ships. My husband got sea sick on Allure so he does not want to go back on these ships but I want, except that the itineraries have not changed. so am looking at the liberty of the seas. She seems to have wonderful reviews and since she will be in dry dock I'm expecting a nice ship when we board, as this is big criteria for us. Our criterias are: 1) nice ship 2) activities at night (absolutely loved the shows on the Oasis, how are the shows on Liberty?) 3) itineraries.

My next question, is it worth to spend the money on a JS versus a D1 category?

Thank you all for your help. If you can answer my questions quickly as I'm planning to book today.

Unfortunately, if your husband got seasick on Allure then he would be prone to seasickness on any ship. All ships are subject to rough seas and although they are well stabilized, some motion from rough seas is unavoidable. And although Liberty is still a very large ship it is smaller than Allure, so he should prepare in advance for any motion sickness.

That being said, Liberty is a great ship with plenty of activities and very good entertainment. We were just on her this past July, and even before her scheduled dry dock, she is in very good condition. All RCI ships undergo their planned maintenance dry dock every 5 years so the entire fleet is well maintained and in good condition, IMO.

As to a JS v D1, that is an individual decision based on your stateroom preferences, budget, and difference in price between the two for the itinerary you are looking at. But with a JS you will have a larger stateroom, larger bath with shower / tub, larger closet and dresser storage, and a larger deck with loungers,, etc. There will also be an in room coffer / tea maker.

The JS will also provide double Crown & Anchor cruise points and priority boarding / disembarkation. You will not receive a Gold Card, however, and will not be eligible for any of the other suite perks associated with the "standard" suite classes of GS and higher. This includes not having access to the theater / pool reserved seating, the Concierge Lounge or any of the Concierge services.

Enjoy your cruise!

Edited by leaveitallbehind