Obstructed view balconies on the Getaway?

kelkel2

Are there any obstructed view balconies on the Getaway that I should be aware of when looking at cabins?

Yes, the obstruction is below where you are looking at lifeboats. This is from about midship to the rear of the ship. Of course, the lower floors of balconies have the "worst" view as they are closest to the lifeboats. To me, it is no big deal and nothing to be concerned about. The most forward balconies on each floor also have some hull angled across them - also not a big deal and protects you from the wind.

IMO, book a cabin as high as possible to be away from the lifeboat obstruction BUT choose a cabin that is between cabins on each side and with cabins on the floors directly above and below your cabin. These tend to the the quietest choices on all ships.

In cabins 8110, 8112, 8710 and 8712 the glass panel is set back about a foot from the edge. Due to that they consider them obstructed view. The upside to those cabins is their huge balconies. The same size balcony as the mini suite with large balcony, less a little square footage due to the glass panel being set a bit back.

Of course there are plenty of places on the ship where balconies look down on the overhang of the Waterfront. Also the most coveted aft balconies on GA look down on the overhang as well. The bottom line is that no matter which balcony you have, you are going to have a nice view looking outward... not down.

Of course there are plenty of places on the ship where balconies look down on the overhang of the Waterfront. Also the most coveted aft balconies on GA look down on the overhang as well. The bottom line is that no matter which balcony you have, you are going to have a nice view looking outward... not down.

Any preference between midship decks 11, 13, or 14?

• 2 years later...

Im glad I found this thread.  When booking, they always make it sound like the lifeboats are right outside your balcony and you cant see anything.  I don't go out on the deck to look down. I go to look out.

thanks for the tips!!