A few questions about Anthem

We're sailing on Anthem in May and I have a few questions. There are so many dining options, its a little overwhelming. Are there any restaurants we shouldn't miss or should avoid? We're more than willing to go to the extra charge restaurants if they're worth it. I know food is subjective, but just looking for some opinions.

Also, does anyone know if they provide shower gel or soap in the showers?

Thanks,

Susan

Just got off Anthem for the second time. My answers are below in red.

We're sailing on Anthem in May and I have a few questions. There are so many dining options, its a little overwhelming. Are there any restaurants we shouldn't miss or should avoid? We're more than willing to go to the extra charge restaurants if they're worth it. I know food is subjective, but just looking for some opinions.

As you say, very subjective. It really depends on your expectations and what you like. My totally biased opinion: I find Chops to be quite good, but not as good as Princess' Crown Grill. Wonderland is definitely an experience, but very overpriced and other than the braised beef (awesome!) it wasn't very good. Jaime's Italian was a total flop on the Italian--but I'm from NJ and we get really good Italian here! The complimentary dining rooms are perfectly fine. If you like lamb, don't miss the lamb shank (American Icon and Chic)--it's the BEST! Nice lunch offerings at Cafe Two70. I'd say if you don't go in expecting 5 star cuisine, you should be just fine.

Also, does anyone know if they provide shower gel or soap in the showers?

Shower gel. Also shampoo and conditioner. And some sort of watery lotion. Bar soap for the sink.

Thanks,

Susan

Enjoy your trip--Anthem is GREAT!

Hi Wendy --- glad you still enjoyed Anthem after cruise number 2! :)

OP: recognizing that food is subjective (and that our cruise was several months ago): we thought Silk was awful, hands down the worst meal of the entire cruise.

We enjoyed Chops very much (my braised short ribs were fabulous). Excellent food and service.

The included venues were really hit or miss. I truly hope they've improved since the TA.

We enjoyed the buffet; it's very much like Celebrity's S-class ships. Tip: go all the way back and you'll usually find seating, even when it's crowded.

Cafe at Two70 is a nice change for breakfast or lunch; a more limited menu than the buffet, but the view can't be beat! (Try the Oreo cheesecake. Yum!) Ifyou get the "famous" roast beef sandwich, ask them to put on extra meat and also put the horseradish on both sides.

In case it's of any help, my detailed comments about Anthem and photos are linked in my signature below.

Anthem is stunningly beautiful; have a great cruise!

Hi Wendy --- glad you still enjoyed Anthem after cruise number 2! :)

OP: recognizing that food is subjective (and that our cruise was several months ago): we thought Silk was awful, hands down the worst meal of the entire cruise.

We enjoyed Chops very much (my braised short ribs were fabulous). Excellent food and service.

The included venues were really hit or miss. I truly hope they've improved since the TA.

We enjoyed the buffet; it's very much like Celebrity's S-class ships. Tip: go all the way back and you'll usually find seating, even when it's crowded.

Cafe at Two70 is a nice change for breakfast or lunch; a more limited menu than the buffet, but the view can't be beat! (Try the Oreo cheesecake. Yum!) Ifyou get the "famous" roast beef sandwich, ask them to put on extra meat and also put the horseradish on both sides.

In case it's of any help, my detailed comments about Anthem and photos are linked in my signature below.

Anthem is stunningly beautiful; have a great cruise!

Silk was MUCH improved this time around!

Agree that Jamie's is a flop in both decor and food.

We actually had made a reservation for Jamie's prior to sailing, but cancelled it when we saw its location (totally open along the passage to Two70). It looked like something you'd find in a shopping mall. Plus the small, uncomfortable looking metal chairs were a turnoff.

Many folks have reported enjoying the food, I'm just giving our reaction to what we saw.

Glad to hear Silk has improved. It had nowhere to go but up! :)