Conquest or Sunshine

krisbtr

I need help! My husband and I are planning. 30 year anniversary cruise next April. We have narrowed it to 2 cruises. The itineraries are both good for us. One would be on the Conquest, the other Sunshine...any opinions on which ship would be better?

Sunshine has more eating options, better waterslides, a ropes course, the Cloud 9 Spa (but no T-pool) & a nice serenity area (if you can find a spot there). Conquest will be far less crowded, as Sunshine carries more guests & has less overall space on the ship. So it depends on which of those sounds better or worse to you. For me, I really enjoy the outdoor activities of the slides & ropes course, so even though I don't like what they did to the ship, I would choose Sunshine.

We have been on both ships and always have a great cruise. The Sunshine would be my pick. The decor is very nice, Serenity is wonderful, food options are excellent. We must not have been doing what others were on the Sunshine because we hardly had any crowds at all. The Havana area aft always had several tables open to sit and eat at with beautiful views and ambiance.

We had a good time on Conquest, but honestly nothing stood out that made us want to go back on her again.

Have fun whatever you decide!

Sorry for the second post, too late to edit my original one. I am not sure what is important to you when booking a cruise. Based on my experience, I can't, in good conscience, recommend the Sunshine to anyone. But, Carnival has a ship comparison tool. You can choose the two ships, compare the features and make a decision based on what is important to you.

http://www.carnival.com/cruise-ships/

Sorry for the second post, too late to edit my original one. I am not sure what is important to you when booking a cruise. Based on my experience, I can't, in good conscience, recommend the Sunshine to anyone. But, Carnival has a ship comparison tool. You can choose the two ships, compare the features and make a decision based on what is important to you.

http://www.carnival.com/cruise-ships/

I've never used that comparison tool, it's great! Thanks for posting!

We haven't sailed the Conquest, but have sailed sister ships and we really liked the size. We have also sailed the Sunshine and loved the upgrades.

So I, like most others, recommend the Sunshine.

Since it is a special occasion, I would recommend an aft balcony on deck 5. We loved the location, the updated room and the very large deck.

We loved the Chef's Table on our anniversary cruise.

Congratulations on your anniversary!