Fascination room location question and any other info

seashinesunshine

Hi All

We just booked the Fascination for next January out of San Juan. We booked a balcony on the Empress Deck in the middle. I am worried it may be too loud being right around the corner from the bar and guest service area. Has anyone had experience in this room area? Was it noisy? I don't normal noise, people walking by and soft music. We had a bad experience with bring above the drum set of a lounge on a ship, so I want to avoid really loud booming music late at night.

Any other thoughts on the ship? We are worried since it is older and smaller. It's the only one out San Juan next winter. AND even an older smaller ship in the Caribbean is warmer and sunnier than home in January. :)

Thanks in advance for any advice info and thoughts.

I think you have a great spot, but I haven't had a room in that spot. I was in the aft on Empress deck. There may be a singer & piano player that plays in the evenings in the atrium area, but I don't think that any of that noise is going to make it to your room, especially since you are at least 6 rooms down from it. That should buffer out all the noise.

What is above & below you is the more important thing. Below you is a stateroom, which is good. Above you is the dining room, which is totally magnificent! The dining room is empty all night long, which cannot be said about a stateroom. Even when the dining room is in use, you may not hear much, if anything. It's carpeted, and people aren't stomping around in there.

Fascination is an older ship, but I kind of like the Fantasy class ships. They have their charm. I personally do prefer the bigger ships, but for a great itinerary out of San Juan, I would certainly enjoy a Fantasy class ship.

I love the Fascination and Empress is a great deck. In the past there has been a singer with guitar at the bar there, but once you walk around the corner, you really don't hear anything past the fist four cabins. The sound seems to rise up into the atrium, not so much into the cabin areas. This bar also shuts down earlier than the other bars too.

We've stayed in that same location twice now, and we loved it! We didn't experience any noise at all, but it was so nice being such a short walk to the bar, guest services, and right in the center of the atrium- easy access to everything right up the stairs!

We stayed in the middle on Empress deck in a balcony this past September on her. Honestly The only noise we heard was from our neighbors and a little bit of crashing above us from what sounded like carts. The neighbors were way louder than the carts or the attendants. They did a really good job of not moving the carts around our room past a certain point once I addressed it with guest services. This was overall a great location for us. If we sailed a fantasy class ship again I would definitely book the Empress deck.

Sent from my iPad using Forums