HELP!- Has This Ever Happened to Anyone???

OnlyMe

While we were onboard our cruise to Alaska (September 17th sailing), I convinced my DH to book another cruise. So.. on the day before disembarkation we went to the Loyalty Ambassador where we chose to book Brilliance of the Seas, Panama Canal for 11/20/2006. I didn't have my Credit Card with me at the time (safely locked in the safe) but the Loyalty Ambassador said -'no problem' she would look up my Sea Pass Account and would get my credit card details from that and I told her to do that. I offered to go to my cabin and get the credit card but she said that it would not be necessary, she could just look up our account. She then printed out our confirmation with booking number and off we went, happy that we had another cruise booked and that we had availed of the $200 onboard credit that came with it.

So the cruise ended and we continued our vacation on land with the result that we only returned home last Saturday night. Well, on Monday, I tried to check our booking but it kept telling me that the number was incorrect so I tried a couple of more times (thinking that there was something wrong with the website- not unusual) and by Tuesday I decided to e-mail RCCL. I told them I had made the booking onboard Radiance and gave them the booking number. Yesterday I received a reply saying that the booking had been canclelled - shock HORROR!). I e-mailed them straight back stating that I didn't cancel the booking and that I had made no changes to the booking at all and asked WHO had cancelled it? Well, I've just received a reply and I am SO disappointed in RCCL - They told me that it was cancelled because I never made the Deposit payment!!!!!!!!!!!! And that bascially I could rebook again by phoning RCCl and make a new booking. This does NOT solve the problem - They have told me that the rate I was given would not apply if the price has increased since we booked and also I know that, if I do not have the same booking number then I will not get my onboard credit which was my main reason for booking onboard. So I have just e-mailed them telling them that I authorised the Loyalty Ambassador to take payment from my Credit Card and that SHE failed to do so - I don't know what is going to happen - I am SO So dissapointed. To have come back from a wonderfully relaxing trip to all this hassle.

Has this ever happened to anyone before and does anyone have any helpful suggestions as to what I can do????

ANY help appreciated

I would write a letter to customer service and cc it to Richard Fain. It might take a few weeks to get an answer. I might even send it certified so I know that they received it.

Write a letter that is well organized. In the final paragraph tell them what you would like for them to do to resolve your issue.

Worked for me on an overcharge.

email the ambassador. Someone on the boards probably has the email address. I forget what it is. She will then be able to reinstate it and get you your credits. I emailed ours, and even though she had switched ships, they forwarded my email and she was able to get me my booking number and the credit.

Good luck.

She then printed out our confirmation with booking number and off we went, happy that we had another cruise booked and that we had availed of the $200 onboard credit that came with it.

If you have this copy, why can't you send it to RCCL, by certified mail, as proof of your booking. I do not know about anyone else, but any cruise I have ever booked, with any agency or RCCL, I do not get the confirmation number until they get the deposit.

That should be your proof.

It sounds to me like she just forgot to do it.

Get on the phone and call customer service. If the person you speak to initially will not reinstate your booking with the onboard credit ask to speak to their supervisor. This is clearly their fault and they should make good on their mistake.

Thanks for the quick advice guys.

Alexis, RCCL aren't disputing that I had a booking, they say that I HAD a booking but that it is now canceled so I don't think that faxing them the confirmation, or 'Booking Recap' as it is titled will help but thanks for the suggestion - If all else fails I will try it.

Linda/Ohio, starq1, Tra4, I will try to get the ambassadors e-mail first- think I'll start another post if no-one posts it here and if that fails then I will phone RCCL and write CCing it to Mr. Fain. Does anyone have Mr. Fain's address?? or do I just address it to the Miami office?

Thanks again for the advice.

Was the charge on your final Sea Pass Bill? ###

If you book on board the charge is normally made directly to your credit card account and not to your on-board seapass account. It should appear as a separate item on your credit card statement.

I didn't get back until last Saturday so didn't know that the payment hadn't been taken from my credit card - I sure do now! I'm going to call RCCL UK (as I live in Ireland) first, in fact I'm going to do it right now so fingers crossed.

Iamthesea, we were on Radiance - ambassadors name was Colette Lacharity - was this the same on that was on Serenade last year? Also, how did you rectify the problem??

Thanks

OnlyMe, this will get resolved, don't worry! If you have a TA that booked your Alaska cruise, check with them; they might help you. When you call RCCL UK, ask for a supervisor and state your case just like you did here, concise and logical.

We are on the Brilliance 11/20/06 so look for our roll call.

IamtheSea..Jorge was the loyalty ambassador on the Serenade..wasn't he awful!?! I put my complaints on my comment card and also emailed the C&A department. I finally asked the consierge to somehow arrange an appointment with Jorge as he blew off two. I also received coupons stuck under the door. Funny part was the consierge told me that Jorge had colored his hair and it turned out badly so he hid in his cabin for days! The guy had potential but needed to get a grip!

ah,.....let's start with the name of the Loyalty Ambassador, then the ships name, date of your cruise, and your booking number. Then the print out of the future cruise that you have booked and the booking number.

Ther are so many of us on this board that want to help you, and I ame one, but to do that I need the above information.

It sounds like you booked this thru the GB office, and that's fine.

Let's see what we can do to help.

Rick

I had a very similar experience, except that I never received a written confirmation. I kept checking through the cruise, but was told, "Don't worry. He'll get to it tonight" Well, by the morning of debarkation, we had nothing. The day after we got home, I called my TA to have her check on the booking and of course, there was no booking, and by the way, even though we booked a balcony cabin, there were no balconies left! My TA fought for two days with cust. service to fight this. The most she got was for us to rebook an oceanview cabin, be waitlisted for a balcony and got the shipboard credit. The cruise is in three weeks. Though my TA has called several times a week for the last year, no balcony was ever made ours.

Lesson learned.....never leave the loyalty ambassador without a confirmation! Now I know you also have to make sure they've charged your cc. Oh, my. This should be easier!

This happened to us too! We were on Explorer Sept 11th sailing last month and while we were on the ship we booked for Freedom next September. The Loyalty Ambassador told us that they would put the deposit on our Seapass cards. (Which were linked to our Royal Caribbean credit cards)

When we got home, we were looking online and we saw that the room that we booked was showing available!

It took a few calls to RCCL but we did get it straightened out. They rebooked us at the same rate that we had and gave us the shipboard credit.

If I were you , I would just keep calling. If the person that you speak with says that they cannot help you, ask for someone who can (a supervisor or manager.)

Thanks everyone for all your advice and help. I got the problem solved - I phoned RCCL UK and the girl I spoke to took my credit card details and reinstated our booking - MAJOR Relief - REALLY didn't want to lose that shipboard credit!

One thing I have noticed though - I checked the UK website for pricing of the same cruise and guess what - it's the equivalent of about $600 cheaper than the US site (when you do the conversion). I asked RCCL to reduce the price I paid accordingly but they told me that because I booked in $US that they can only go on the US pricing. (I did this because I will most likely transfer the booking to a US TA). Now this isn't a MAJOR panic for us because we probably won't be going on this sailing anyways - we wanted to book for 2007 but the pricing isn't out yet so in order to get the shipboard credit our ambassador suggested booking Brilliance. Funny thing is, this is the first time I've seen a difference in pricing on the two websites - wonder why:confused:

Guest cruzr44
Thanks for the quick advice guys.

Alexis, RCCL aren't disputing that I had a booking, they say that I HAD a booking but that it is now canceled so I don't think that faxing them the confirmation, or 'Booking Recap' as it is titled will help but thanks for the suggestion - If all else fails I will try it.

Linda/Ohio, starq1, Tra4, I will try to get the ambassadors e-mail first- think I'll start another post if no-one posts it here and if that fails then I will phone RCCL and write CCing it to Mr. Fain. Does anyone have Mr. Fain's address?? or do I just address it to the Miami office?

Thanks again for the advice.

His Email is rfain@rccl.com. I would probably use the Miami office address AND EM him. Good luck

IamtheSea..Jorge was the loyalty ambassador on the Serenade..wasn't he awful!?! I put my complaints on my comment card and also emailed the C&A department. I finally asked the consierge to somehow arrange an appointment with Jorge as he blew off two. I also received coupons stuck under the door. Funny part was the consierge told me that Jorge had colored his hair and it turned out badly so he hid in his cabin for days! The guy had potential but needed to get a grip!

Thanks for the memories! It was Jorge. I can't believe he stood everyone up for a bad hair week. I also can't believe the concierge told you. :D

Archived