baggage stowage in auckland

help please

Wanted to stow luggage at Skycity Hotel for the day, do some touring around the city, and then use their shuttle to the airport in the evening. Email from them said they do not store luggage - I was of course willing to pay a fee - they said only for guests. Any ideas?

Only option I can find right now is go to the airport in the morning and use the storage facility there, and then go back into the city = time-consuming and rather costly with the transport cost to/from airport. My flight is late night.

help please

Wanted to stow luggage at Skycity Hotel for the day, do some touring around the city, and then use their shuttle to the airport in the evening. Email from them said they do not store luggage - I was of course willing to pay a fee - they said only for guests. Any ideas?

Only option I can find right now is go to the airport in the morning and use the storage facility there, and then go back into the city = time-consuming and rather costly with the transport cost to/from airport. My flight is late night.

There are storage lockers at the Britomart Station near the wharfs (google for that !) - or at the tourist office

http://www.aucklandnz.com/cruise/frequently-asked-question-faq

Added - why bother with the expensive Skycity Shuttle - there are buses from the CBD for $NZ16 (unlike the $30 the Skycity want)

http://www.skybus.co.nz/

(note - the skybus has nothing to do with Skycity)

Edited by shireboi

**** UPDATE ****

The Britomart lockers (appear) to be no longer there (after visiting / searching for them 4 Feb 2016). Customer Service staff on the street level advised that they had gone (when ?? who knows).

Needed to go back to the ferry terminal and use the tourist service there ($5 per bag).

Rather disappointed that we travelled with luggage into the Britomart's lower levels to find that nothing was there.