A HAVENly week on Escape - January 16 - 23, 2016

jmele999

Haven Spa Suite

After sailaway we went back to the room to unpack. All of the spa suites are located on deck 16 adjacent to the spa and one deck below the Haven. There are a total of 13 spa suites, which can accommodate up to 2 guests each and a deluxe spa suite (for 3 guests). Each suite has a very comfortable king size bed, a seating area, and an in-suite whirlpool. There is one large closet and lots of storage space. There is also space underneath the bed to store your luggage.

IMG_5547_zps6tqqxb48.jpg

IMG_5549_zpsl74apcxc.jpg

The bathroom is very spacious with a double sink and a great waterfall shower with 6 body spray jets.

IMG_5943_zpsxkdoeiyr.jpg

IMG_5944_zpsestoispe.jpg

IMG_5947_zpseydqv13q.jpg

The balcony is also very spacious and can easily accommodate a lounger, which you can get from your room steward. We did not request a lounger because we did not spent too much time in the room.

IMG_6018_zpsacvij053.jpg

The Spa

One of the best perks of the spa suite is having unlimited access to the thermal suites facilities located in the spa, which give you access to a variety of whirlpools, heated loungers, sauna and steam rooms.

IMG_5989_zps2nbxr4w7.jpg

IMG_5988_zpsji35dhrp.jpg

IMG_5942_zpsfq5umczm.jpg

IMG_5939_zpstelmkjv2.jpg

Spa services (massages, etc) are not included as part of the thermal suites access. If you are a platinum latitudes member, you can receive a 25% discount for spa services on port days.

Scan_zpscfwtb2q3.jpeg

We really enjoyed the spa and used it at least once a day.

The Haven Complex

After the spa, we went back to room to get ready for dinner. On our way to the Haven restaurant, I took some pictures of the complex.

The Haven complex is located on decks 17, 18 and 19.

IMG_5883_zpsr8ufoys0.jpg

IMG_1549_zpsg9ol4ib4.jpg

The concierge desk, lounge and the bar are located on deck 17.

IMG_1544_zps7oldlsh1.jpg

IMG_5574_zpsciejkfjb.jpg

Located right outside the lounge/bar area is the courtyard where the pool and whirlpools are located.

IMG_5459_zpsfvqyxlqp.jpg

Dinner at the Haven Restaurant

Our first dinner onboard was at the Haven restaurant. Although, the dinner took longer than expected, the service and the quality of the food was great.

IMG_5462_zpsyrpq8pe3.jpg

IMG_5463_zpslhssm5uf.jpg

Pork belly appetizer

IMG_5465_zpsbpfrgmly.jpg

Whole cold water Maine lobster - Excellent

IMG_0322_zps2g8uc6rc.jpg

Lamb chops - DP noted that they were perfectly cooked.

IMG_5466_zpsz810pqtx.jpg

IMG_0323_zpsvkdvr8dp.jpg

Chocolate pistachio bar

Day 2 - Sea Day

Our day started with mimosas and breakfast at the Haven restaurant.

IMG_5470_zpsbti0ddhl.jpg

IMG_5892_zps7rkfsu7u.jpg

IMG_5471_zpsvejc29d1.jpg

Seafood Egg Benedict - A new menu item. It was ok, but I prefer the Crab Cake Egg Benedict (no longer on the menu)

IMG_0324_zpscxb9zrlb.jpg

Tahitian Vanilla Challah French Toast - DP's favorite breakfast item. Extra berries on the side.

Day 2 - Sea Day - Cruise critic events and Food Republic

After breakfast we went to the spa and relaxed for a couple hours before the cruise critic meet and greet.

The meet and greet was held at 11:00 am in Cagney's and it was attended. The event was attended by several of the officers (sorry no pictures). After the meet and greet, 35 of us participated in the slot pull. We each put in $15 dollars and walked away with $17.

After the slot pull we decided to go to Food Republic for lunch and some drinks.

IMG_5475_zpsihcaglt8.jpg

IMG_5477_zpsehr58rdm.jpg

IMG_5480_zpsla2e6w4m.jpg

Toro Toro and Ancho Pancho. Both drinks were very good, but if I had to pick one, I would go with the Toro Toro.

Day 2 - Sea Day - More Food Republic

IMG_5468_zpsz91ugroa.jpg

IMG_0329_zpsyo498nkg.jpg

Bulgogi Tacos - Excellent - probably one of the best items on the menu

IMG_0330_zpsauflrjup.jpg

Rock Shrimp Roll - Very good = 4.5/5

IMG_0331_zpsigoaapjz.jpg

Buffalo Blue Shrimp - Very Tasty - 4/5

IMG_5478_zps189olys0.jpg

Maine Lobster Rolls - Good - 3/5

We really enjoyed lunch at Food Republic, but were only able to eat there once during the week. This restaurant is a-la-carte, but we highly recommend this restaurant especially for lunch.

Day 2 - Sea Day

Our next adventure was the pub crawl organized by a fellow cruise critic member (Thanks Aubrey). Prior to the pub crawl, we decided to stop by our cabin and found a letter informing us that the show For the Record had been cancelled for that night. DP went back up to the Haven to try to re-schedule the show and to make dinner reservations for that night. David and his assistant were able to re-book the show for us and secured 8:00 pm reservations for Moderno, followed by After Midnight at 11:00 pm.

The pub crawl was a lot of fun. We visited the atrium bar, Margaritaville, the Sugarcane Mojito bar where Bong took really good care of us. He is without a doubt one of the best bartenders onboard.

IMG_5486_zpshnkp8iww.jpg

IMG_5491_zpssr9zkq5m.jpg

IMG_5492_zpsxjk0szcl.jpg

During the pub crawl some of us went on a small cabin crawl and visited a 2 bedroom Haven Villa, a spa suite and an aft penthouse.

Our last stop on the pub crawl was O'Sheehan's.

IMG_5494_zpsnvrqzuy0.jpg

The Mr. Worldwide (named after Pitbul) and the Toma.

After the pub/cabin crawl, we went back up to the Haven to enjoy the beautiful sunset.

IMG_1528_zpsg9f5bjnx.jpg

Day 2 - Sea Day.

Just a few more notes and pictures to finish up day 2.

IMG_5496_zpsghswhcrr.jpg

Prior to dinner we relaxed in the spa. We enjoyed a nice dinner at Moderno on the Boardwalk.

IMG_5497_zpsvgh7yx8z.jpg

IMG_5498_zpssk6nnu3j.jpg

IMG_5500_zps2f0zpexs.jpg

Waiting for After Midnight. The show was very good, but it was a very late show (10:00 pm) and we were both tired. If possible, I would suggest going to the earlier show at 7:00 pm.

IMG_5499_zpsqidgnjya.jpg

Additionally, I compiled a schedule for the week to make sure that we visited all of the restaurants and bars (especially the new ones) onboard.

You and I must be twins! I'm stealing your schedule! Can't wait to read the rest of your review!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Day # 3 - Sea Day # 2 - A great start to the day

Due to the time change I managed to wake up shortly after 6:00 am and decided to walk around the ship while waiting for the sunrise. I love walking around the ship early in the morning as it is a great time to take pictures.

IMG_5502_zpsnzbneta3.jpg

IMG_1530_zps1vr1730l.jpg

IMG_1535_zps0mynl6ok.jpg

IMG_1536_zps2cmh9ozs.jpg

IMG_1537_zpsnyyvwvby.jpg

IMG_1539_zps29ijotzi.jpg

Edited by jmele999

A beautiful sunrise

IMG_1555_zpskcjff9qp.jpg

IMG_1556_zpsgprkwckp.jpg

IMG_1559_zpse1c3tns4.jpg

After enjoying a beautiful sunrise I started to get hungry and decided to go back to the cabin to see if DP was ready for breakfast. Of course, he was not ready so I went out to the balcony to enjoy the scenery.

IMG_5505_zpsixsm6lto.jpg

We enjoyed a quiet breakfast outdoors in the Haven.

IMG_5506_zpsrsspfzbv.jpg

IMG_5508_zpsho7uhfus.jpg

A nice serving of vegetable juice (aka bloody Mary) to start the day.

After breakfast we relaxed in the spa until it was time for the Platinum behind-the-scenes tours.