How much walking at the port of Houston?

sewingmolly

We're planning to do a Bon Voyage Experience lunch on the Caribbean Princess next month with a relative who has problems walking long distances. We'll drop her off in front of the terminal, but can someone please tell me how much walking she'll have to do to reach the ship? I'm hoping that since its a new terminal, it's well designed.

There is an elevator from the check in level to the level where you access the gangway. The gangway itself is on an incline and has switchbacks before the gangplank. The slope of the gangway is not bad. There is a bit of steepness at each end of the gangplank, but it is narrow with railing on each side and crew members to assist.

Molly I feel it's important for me to point out that Caribbean Princess is not docked in Galveston. It is docked at the Bayport cruise terminal on the east side of Houston. Everything written about boarding is true of the Bayport terminal. I just don't want you to drive all the way to Galveston and be at the wrong port.

Edited by lifes-a-beach