Oasis vs NCL Escape or Getaway for 4 y/o?

thebooth

I have been on a number of RCL cruises but now that my son is almost 4 we are weighing the kids club aspect of things more. It's not something we really focused on before. Can anyone weigh in on their experiences with the kid clubs for 4 year olds and which ships might be the most fun for a toddler? I would like to do Disney but it's $7000 for an ocean view during school holidays for the 3 of us. Thank you in advance.

I have been on a number of RCL cruises but now that my son is almost 4 we are weighing the kids club aspect of things more. It's not something we really focused on before. Can anyone weigh in on their experiences with the kid clubs for 4 year olds and which ships might be the most fun for a toddler? I would like to do Disney but it's $7000 for an ocean view during school holidays for the 3 of us. Thank you in advance.

I would look at the whole package and not be afraid to try something different. We have not done Oasis, but have done, Freedom, Liberty, Voyager. We sailed on Getaway over Christmas and Freedom last week with a 4 and 6 year old. Our kids have never been much for the kid's club, but with 4 port days naps, dinner, etc we have never pushed the issue.

The 4 yo preferred Getaway, but mostly because of the mozarella sticks at O'sheehans. The 6 you preferred Freedom, but mostly because of the one main heated pool.

The nice thing about Getaway was the waterslides, spiderweb, bungee trampoline. The H20 zone on Freedom has always been very cold during the winter months. I would guess Oasis is the same. For the little ones, Getaway seems to have at least as much to do. For the adults we also got the drink package which was enjoyable vs. RCCL paying $10-$15 per drink.

I think either would be decent. I would book whatever has the best value, best itenerary, and best perks for mom/dad. Just some differnt things to think about.