College Spring Break

maryland

March 12th is a big Spring Break week and you can expect to see a lot of families onboard. We have cruised "Spring Break peak week" for about the past 5 years because I am a teacher and that is the week my children and I are off.

However, we have never had an issue. Like other have already said, you will be fine, especially on 7+ night cruises.

The only time we did encounter rowdy Spring Breakers was when we went on Royal Caribbean for a 5 night cruise. One guy thought he was Borat and wore either a neon green thong all week or his American flag thong :eek: The worst was Cozumel day. Half the people in the MDR looked like they were going to pass out at any moment.

We are 8 nights on the Breeze this March :)

I'm glad, as I've aged that my memory has stayed intact and that I can clearly remember what "I" and my friends acted like when I was a child, a teenager, a high school student, in college, a young adult with all kinds of freedoms after I turned 21, and a mother with children.

It makes it so much easier to cruise on any cruise line, any time of year and have a fun and enjoyable time as I don't "worry" about what others do, though when I return to cc I'm always amazed that I, apparently, am one of the few that wasn't bombarded with unruly kids, wild teenagers, drunk college students, unobservant young parents.

To be honest the worst "uncomfortable" moments for me on a cruise are often caused by people in my same advanced age group...

as my college daughter will be home to watch our other 2. That said, the price seemed a bit higher the next week so I think that next week might be "more peak". We sailed her spring break one year and there were a lot of college kids, but it was not rowdy or unruly, but it was a 7-night. I would avoid the 3 and 4-night ones for sure during that time

We usually cruise in the spring and occasionally hit the spring breakers time. I always find them entertaining if nothing else and they don't bother me. Actually younger kids, middle school age, are usually more trouble cause the parents don't pay attention to what they're doing.