Low-heeled shoes for formal nights?

pennstater

Wow! Thanks everyone for the birthday wishes! It was a great day - picked up the xmas tree with DH during the day and then dinner and a piano bar in Philly with my closest friends. I actually had more of a crisis when I turned 29 and ended up making a drastic career change - it was such a great thing to do! So I was initially OK with 30 until everyone around me kept reminding me about the 'last days of your 20's' like it was the end of an era... but the 20's weren't so great anyway - I'm looking forward to my fabulous 30's! Thanks again everyone :)

Jane - French martinis are my fav, too. I've just got to keep it to 1 or 2 or the champagne goes to my head! :o

Jane - French martinis are my fav, too. I've just got to keep it to 1 or 2 or the champagne goes to my head! :o

Champagne? There's no champagne in a French Martini. The recipe is Vodka (preferably Grey Goose), Chambourg and Pineapple juice.

Were you perhaps drinking a French 75, which is Champagne with brandy? (I think some might call it a French Cocktail)

Jane

Champagne? There's no champagne in a French Martini. The recipe is Vodka (preferably Grey Goose), Chambourg and Pineapple juice.

Were you perhaps drinking a French 75, which is Champagne with brandy? (I think some might call it a French Cocktail)

Jane

Actually, it's made both ways. It is made with pineapple juice, Chambord, and vodka most often (that is how I make it at home,) but it is also made with champagne, Chambord, and vodka. I've had it prepared both ways by many different bartenders. Obviously, when it's made with champagne rather than pineapple juice, it really packs a punch! I would suggest trying one with champagne sometime - I like them either way, but prefer when they are made with champagne. I think I'll have to try a French 75 sometime - I don't usually drink brandy, but it sounds like a nice combo. Thanks for the tip!

I finally got to MJM and found the shoes but not a one in my size. :( Oh well. I did find a cute pair of sandals. So not a complete loss.
Sorry you didn't find them in your size. But I'm glad you found some sandals that you liked! Good luck in your shoe hunt! :)

Archived