Any review Review Cabin 8012 or other Deck 8?

pukekolive

Hi all,

Does anyone have any reviews on DV1 cabin 8012 or any other cabin on Deck 8 (I have seen the comment for 8019 and the banging door)?

Hey, pukekolive, I'll be on the 8th deck at the end of March and I've heard some very positive reviews for the 8th floor. Perfect access to the top deck of the Explorers Lounge. You can check out every cabin category in pics taken by Cruise Critic employees. Just go to the category "Community" and click on "Member Reviews". The first page brings you to a pic with a big circle in it. In the circle it says to click here if you want to see many pics of the Star. They are all terrific and many are panoramic! I'm in a jr suite (probably just like you) and it has pics of the whole thing! Hope this helps. :)

Not 8 but 7010 on Star. Great location. The main entrance to the explorer lounge is on the starboard side. There is a back door to the lounge on the port side on 7. Same on the upper deck of the lounge. Similar heavy door into the winter garden on 7 but never heard it in 7010. Easy access to the World Cafe. For us on 7 it was easy to get to the upper deck above 8 where the exercise equipment is located. The only cabins on 7 are on the port side. Very private and quiet.

Edited by Traveler103

If I'm not mistaken, you're in one of the four smaller cabins on 8th floor, kind of in the middle of the hall. While you will not have the space of the Junior Suites on the 8th, you'll have the same view as these much more expensive rooms. I was the one who wrote about 8018 and 8019 and the slamming door, but as long as you're not in those rooms, you'll love the floor. Easy access to the 8th floor Sun Deck. Even though the "sports deck" is right above you, it's not used that much and we were never bothered by any noise from above. It is a bit of a walk to the main dining room, but nothing is really too far from you on the ship. The spa is only an elevator ride away, and the Wintergarden with afternoon tea is only a short floor below. (Miss those scones with clotted cream in the afternoon - yummm.) These are the best view cabins on the ship IMO !

Hi Elizabeth,

Thanks for replying, I followed your cruise with great interest and have looked at your main blog too.

I thought these DV1s on Deck 8 were great value for money, this is our first cruise and we thought we would have a more 'exclusive' feel up there as there are only 20 cabins on that deck.

We are not fans of being crammed in and it seems like it would be so easy on Deck 8 to get away from everyone!

Cheers

If I'm not mistaken, you're in one of the four smaller cabins on 8th floor, kind of in the middle of the hall. While you will not have the space of the Junior Suites on the 8th, you'll have the same view as these much more expensive rooms. I was the one who wrote about 8018 and 8019 and the slamming door, but as long as you're not in those rooms, you'll love the floor. Easy access to the 8th floor Sun Deck. Even though the "sports deck" is right above you, it's not used that much and we were never bothered by any noise from above. It is a bit of a walk to the main dining room, but nothing is really too far from you on the ship. The spa is only an elevator ride away, and the Wintergarden with afternoon tea is only a short floor below. (Miss those scones with clotted cream in the afternoon - yummm.) These are the best view cabins on the ship IMO !

Hi Elizabeth,

Thanks for replying, I followed your cruise with great interest and have looked at your main blog too.

I thought these DV1s on Deck 8 were great value for money, this is our first cruise and we thought we would have a more 'exclusive' feel up there as there are only 20 cabins on that deck.

We are not fans of being crammed in and it seems like it would be so easy on Deck 8 to get away from everyone!

Cheers

Like you, we hate being crammed in anywhere and like privacy. Deck 7 with cabins only on the port side is very secluded and private.

Thanks pukekolive - I think you will enjoy the 8th floor. The folks who were in your cabin or the same DV1 cabin next door on our cruise were CruiseCritic members Bear_Music. He took a ton of pictures and I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't post some of their cabin on CC. If you searched CC you might find a pic or two.

Glad you liked my blog. So far only our trip to China is there, but hope to start blogging on our Star trip in a couple of weeks. Will post to CC when I start blogging that trip.