Noobie Question

MulletGutts

G'day guys and Gals,

As above, a bit of a noobie question, but I was wondering if it is possible to get more chairs bought to your room for use on your balcony. From what I can gather, each of the balcony rooms have two chairs and a table. I will have three adults and one child staying in my cabin, and as we will regularly retreat to our room we'd like to be able to all sit out on the deck.

Cheers in advance

Dave

Hi MulletGutts,

Welcome to Cruise Critic and to cruising.:) The answer is yes, it is possible to get extra chairs for your balcony, if they will fit on your balcony and if you ask your room steward on embarkation day for specifically what you want and if he makes it happen. I know that's a lot of ifs, but I wanted to let you know it has been done. We stayed in an extended balcony (Deck 8, midship on Pride, a Spirit class ship), and there was plenty of room for 2 loungers, a chair, and a table. Also, when staying in an Ocean Suite with our children, we request an additional reclining lounger if when we arrive there are only 2 chairs. Our request has always been obliged.

Just check your balcony size and the number of provided chairs upon embarkation, then, based on the space on the balcony, make your request if you so choose. Happy sails!:)

Hi MulletGutts,

Welcome to Cruise Critic and to cruising.:) The answer is yes, it is possible to get extra chairs for your balcony, if they will fit on your balcony and if you ask your room steward on embarkation day for specifically what you want and if he makes it happen. I know that's a lot of ifs, but I wanted to let you know it has been done. We stayed in an extended balcony (Deck 8, midship on Pride, a Spirit class ship), and there was plenty of room for 2 loungers, a chair, and a table. Also, when staying in an Ocean Suite with our children, we request an additional reclining lounger if when we arrive there are only 2 chairs. Our request has always been obliged.

Just check your balcony size and the number of provided chairs upon embarkation, then, based on the space on the balcony, make your request if you so choose. Happy sails!:)

Thank you for the welcome and thank very much for the information. I will ensure that I check and make any requests known as soon as I can.

Thanks again

Dave.

Thank you for the welcome and thank very much for the information. I will ensure that I check and make any requests known as soon as I can.

Thanks again

Dave.

You are very welcome, Dave. Have a great cruise!:)

When my son came with us (he was 20/yo) we took the little table into our room and put out the little stool that was under the vanity out there - that allowed the three of us. I don't know if all ships have the little vanity stools - but if so, you could do that. That night the steward took the little table out of room so it wouldn't be in our way. We did bring the stool in when we weren't sitting outside because it was fabric on top.

Enjoy your cruise!!!

Edited by naz022292

We found if you want something ask, if they can accommodate the request they will gladly fill it. There are a lot of interesting threads on CC regarding happening on the ships example: morning or afternoon stateroom service, new MDR menu, etc. We have been sailing since 2001 and have seen many service enhancements, some would say cutbacks. We continue to enjoy cruising on CCL and their staff continues to be great.

I remember our first few cruises trying to do and see everything, but now we cruise for relaxation. We still get involved but at our pace. :)

If you have any questions I'm sure you will be able to get them answered on CC.

Enjoy your first cruise and have fun!