Oh No!!

Brenda33

BlueHerons,

Oh no snorkeling for me!! No laughing now.....but I have a fear of fish. Yes, that's right. Those tiny little things freak me out. Seeing them through glass is one thing, but coming face to face quite another. Yeah....I know you are all laughing now. Besides I have a 3 year old with me....so I'll use him as my excuse. LOL

BlueHerons,

Oh no snorkeling for me!! No laughing now.....but I have a fear of fish. Yes, that's right. Those tiny little things freak me out. Seeing them through glass is one thing, but coming face to face quite another. Yeah....I know you are all laughing now. Besides I have a 3 year old with me....so I'll use him as my excuse. LOL

Just go to Atlantis then - same as a glass bottom boat only sideways. :D

BlueHerons,

I can totally relate. My husband is a dive master and a rescue diver and is the only person I'll snorkel or dive with. All those creepy little fish give me the willies. They all try and touch me.......nnnoooooooo!!!!!

(funny thing is the big ones with teeth like baraccuda and shark don't bother me)

Too funny! The sharks don't bother me either. Of course it was a shark at an aquarium that even my 3 year old could pet. Its those tiny little things that are just soooo creepy. Last year we went to Cozumel and my little guy was standing in the water feeding all the fish around him with his daddy. I was shaking and stayed a distance....OUT of the water. I took pics though. They were everywhere!!!

I'll look into Atlantis....

I just read under the recent Valor review that the Glass Bottom Boat in Nassau was terrible. We have already booked this excursion. Has anyone else had an experience with the Glass Bottom boat either negative or positive?

We did that excursion in October 2004. I was very disappointed. The 'glass' looked like plexiglass to me. It was very crowded on the boat and the engine smell down below was nauseating.

Sandy

Ditto: Was not one of our favorite excursions either...

The set up was not what I expected.

LoL...I was looking forward to finally seeing what a Glass Bottom Boat was like.....:rolleyes:

You go down stairs into the bottom of the boat where you stand around a railing and look down into an area in the center. As I remember...it was not very clear and we saw very few fish.

I have been to Nassau a couple of times. This isn't one of my favorite ports... The excursion with the sting rays isn't bad, but kinda lame to the real Sting Ray City in the Caymans... Me and a couple of girlfriends of mine went in January. We just took a cab to Atlantis. That was pretty cool... you will probably enjoy that much more than the glass bottom boat...

We did the glass bottom boat in Nassau in 2001 and was not impressed. The ramp to get on ran over my daughters toe and she ended up crying the whole trip so that didn't help. :mad: None of the staff helped or asked if she was ok. Luckily I kept a first aid kit on me. She ended up losing a toe nail on the deal and we definately did not see enough fish to make the trip worth it. We were traveling on the Disney Wonder at the time and when I went to by her a minnie mouse to make up for the bad day she was having the teller gave her a minnie mouse pin to match after hearing of her problems. That helped to make the day better!:) I would not recommend this tour for anyone. Definitely try something else.

Thanks,

Archived