I decided to cancel the Baths :(

warmwinds

Our Celebrity cruise is coming up in 2 weeks, and I've renewed my looking at videos and reading reviews about the Baths.

I decided To Thine Own Self Be True...as much as I like to think I'm still 22 and in good shape, the reality is I'm 64 and not.

It's a place I've always wanted to see, but I've seen plenty of pictures on line :(

Maybe I'm being overly cautious and I would have been fine, but once I'm on the ground I have trouble getting up (recently I read about having to crawl along some boards on hands and knees), I saw videos of steep stairs down into the water, and I decided I just don't want to do it.

Going to the beach at Jost Van Dyke instead.

Any other island I'd be thrilled with a beach day, but I always thought that the Baths would be really neat. Now I'm convincing myself they are just a bunch of rocks...so don't try to convince me otherwise. :)

It really isn't all that strenuous for someone with no severe mobility issues, and you don't have to go through all of the boulders. Many people go down one path and enjoy going through some of the boulders and return the same way.

If you like your experience on Jost or Tortola perhaps you'll consider returning for a longer visit when you can take your time and not be rushed by crowds. YOu can enjoy the beauty of the Baths without a lot of work. And nearby Spring Bay has similar geography and is easier.

Enjoy your day on Jost! :)

• 3 months later...
Our Celebrity cruise is coming up in 2 weeks, and I've renewed my looking at videos and reading reviews about the Baths.

I decided To Thine Own Self Be True...as much as I like to think I'm still 22 and in good shape, the reality is I'm 64 and not.

Maybe I'm being overly cautious and I would have been fine, but once I'm on the ground I have trouble getting up (recently I read about having to crawl along some boards on hands and knees), I saw videos of steep stairs down into the water, and I decided I just don't want to do it.

Going to the beach at Jost Van Dyke instead.

How was the beach @ Jost Van Dyke? I have knee issues too! :( Did you go on your own or take a ship excursion?