Vision of the Seas

My family and I are sailing the Vision of the Seas to Alaska next year and was wondering how she was holding up. I sailed her back in 2000. Have they ever put refig in the non balcony cabins? How are the insides? How is food and who is the CD on her lately?

Lexi

We did a ship tour and lunch on the Vision last Sunday, and the ship is holding up quite well. She's scheduled for dry dock in San Fran from Jan 2-12, 2006 so she will be freshened up for the 2006 season. No fridges in cabins lower than the D1 category. The inside cabins were nice, and fairly larger than those on the Sovereign class ships.

I was on the Vision last Dec. and since that time they have added the Seattle's Best and Ben and Jerry's off the Centrum.

My 2 experiences on the Vision have both been very pleasant. The crew is great on this ship and the food was also very good.

We just did a 9 day Alaska/Coastal repositioning cruise on her last month. That was our 3rd time on the Vision and we have enjoyed every cruise. The cruise director was John Blair, who we enjoyed very much. We ate breakfast and lunch in the Windjammer buffet and dinner in the dining room and we were very satisfied with the quality and presentation of the food. All the staff members we dealt with were very helpful and friendly, waiters, room attendants and bartenders. If you are lucky enough to be on board when "Captain George" is the Master of the Vessel you are in for a real treat.

We would not hesitate to book another cruise on the Vision. Have a great time.

We took her in June 2005 to Alaska and the only thing I noticed was that the bathroom fixtures in our Oceanview Stateroom (cabin 3116) were worn. Other than that, the ship and service provided enough "WOW" that I've found an excuse to book her again! I'm afraid I'm turning into a Cruisimonster. :D

Aww she is by far my favorite ship! I love cabin 8088 aft balcony it wraps around the side and is awesome. When we take her to Alaska this will be our requested cabin. I would imagine you'd really want a balcony on an Alaska adventure with all the awesome landscape to enjoy. She was still in good shape last April.

Archived