Does anyone know about visa for Port Benoa (bali)

cruisegal2000

Hi everyone. I have booked on the Radiance of the Seas for top end cruise in March. (First time on Royal Caribbean). Does anyone from Australia that is booked on it know about the visa needed for the Port of Benoa? Royal Caribbean staff most unhelpful even though I booked direct with them. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Hope to meet and make new friends while onboard.

Hi, there's a thread about it in the Australia/New Zealand forum.

As an Aussie, you'll need a tourist visa to enter Indonesia. There is some talk of Indonesia dropping that requirement, but no firm decision for us to work with.

I'm travelling there with a different cruise line (Princess) but am being charged quite a bit more than the actual cost of the visa as a 'processing fee' and this is charged regardless of whether you disembark or not. I even read a thread about citizens of countries who do not require a visa being charged!

It will cost around AUD$50pp depending on exchange rate. I believe this can be avoided if you seek a visa yourself through the embassy, but that's a hassle vs cost decision for you to make!

We did Bali on the Radiance as part of the 'over the top' cruise around Australia, back in 2012. At that time, the cruise line took care of the visas, but you (or your TA) should check with them directly to make sure that is still the case. As it turned out, we never got off the ship due to an ear infection, but our passports still say we visited Bali!