Escargot on 3 day Carnival Inspiration?

auntie jen69

• 3 months later...

Escargot? Heck, every once in a while we pick up a can of them at Publix, and my girlfriend does a great job with them. It's not rocket science!

If you need to go on a cruise ship for Escargot, oh boy! Instead, go to your local supermarket, buy them, and look up a preparation on Google. Of course you might want the dishes to serve them in, which, of course my Linda has! :D

Of course there are different preparations that do not require this type of dish.

Now a foie gras terrine with aspic... that's another story! Oooh, I love that, just give me enough toast points with it.

I think it is sweet. Being in beef country where we had snow again yesterday that I hope reached Alberta, I know lots of people live where that is just not on their radar. OP have fun with dad.

Once had a gourmet fresh fish dinner with the family we lived with as students in France. We drove to seaside from Caen, Nomandy and had more fish and seafood than I ever had or will again...fresh and outstanding. The Escargot was served 2 ways....one was LIVE...that was a bit "difficile".

Never knew about getting it in a can..I do my fish eating sparingly but am usually amazed at fresh fish...seafood like crab and lobstor is a bit rich to me ...s little goes a long way. Fresh warm water fish in Hawaii is what amazes me every time and i like Escargot...but the rich way in butter...garlic etc.

Edited by sjn911

Escargot? Heck, every once in a while we pick up a can of them at Publix, and my girlfriend does a great job with them. It's not rocket science!

If you need to go on a cruise ship for Escargot, oh boy! Instead, go to your local supermarket, buy them, and look up a preparation on Google. Of course you might want the dishes to serve them in, which, of course my Linda has! :D

Of course there are different preparations that do not require this type of dish.

Now a foie gras terrine with aspic... that's another story! Oooh, I love that, just give me enough toast points with it.

I had foie gras for the first time on HAL. They burned it. Love those escargots. I think it's because of the garlic and butter.

I had foie gras for the first time on HAL. They burned it. Love those escargots. I think it's because of the garlic and butter.

Ah!, a foie gras terrine is different, it is essentially a paté or a mousse, and is cold, and is often spread on toast points or crackers. It is made in a loaf and then sliced. It is often surrounded by aspic, which adds to the flavor.

Here's a photo of one example:

terrine-de-foie-gras-au-calvados.jpg

NOT in my local supermarket

LOL...not in my supermarket either...but I have to go 10 miles to bigger town to get miso soup. Thank God that lasts long.

Never have had the foie gras...thanks for the pic!!!!

I have had the caviar...it wasn't bad..and I am sure mid level on little bread points with finely diced accoutrements....on my first Cruise in 1980 on The Epirotiki Apollon II ...the great fortune of my youth travels.

Ah!, a foie gras terrine is different, it is essentially a paté or a mousse, and is cold, and is often spread on toast points or crackers. It is made in a loaf and then sliced. It is often surrounded by aspic, which adds to the flavor.

Here's a photo of one example:

terrine-de-foie-gras-au-calvados.jpg

What does it taste like? Where can you buy it?

Did anyone say that he had to go on a cruise to eat escargot?