Qatar flying daily to Adelaide from May 16

Hooray - another international airline coming to Adelaide.

This will obviously be of most interest to us Sth Aussies (I'm assuming there are a couple of you out there...:rolleyes:)

It will open up another option to consider for European destinations, but what caught my eye, is they fly to Miami also (noticed their plane in Miami airport), as one of their US destinations. So for any cruise out of one of the Miami or Ft Lauderdale area cruise ports, we can now fly direct via Doha (only 1 connection) rather than a 2nd connections via the Aussie east coast.

It's still quicker for us to take 3 flights and go east, than take 2 flights and go west, but we have another option to look at.:)

We are also getting their newest aircraft the A350 XWB, with economy and business seating (no first class unfortunately - have to stick with emirates ex Adelaide for that option).

I do like the Qantas F lounge though!

Me to!! A la carte Dining and a quick massage before take off is always a nice way to start things off before flying (on our way to our next cruise...:D)

Interesting to see how Qatar's lounges compare. They're a one world airline, so I guess they'll be using the Qantas Domestic Lounge in Adelaide.

We booked Qatar for our next overseas trip in August direct from Adelaide one stop on to Manchester, then we leave from Barcelona after our cruise one stop back into Adelaide great connection times and the best thing a great price $500 cheaper than anyone else. We are told great new airplane with all the mod cons. Only could afford cattle class but looks good.