Fitness center on Brilliance?

jenlaur

So I've searched and searched over these forums for information regarding the fitness center. I am specifically looking for info on the Brilliance. I've been to the one on the Oasis although it's been a few years. Do they offer a variety of classes (spin, yoga?). Is there an area to do your own thing (like a boot camp style workout)? I take it they have the usual: cross trainers, treadmills, ellipticals, weight machines, free weights. Do they have things like jump ropes, bosu, exercise balls, medicine balls?

So I've searched and searched over these forums for information regarding the fitness center. I am specifically looking for info on the Brilliance. I've been to the one on the Oasis although it's been a few years. Do they offer a variety of classes (spin, yoga?). Is there an area to do your own thing (like a boot camp style workout)? I take it they have the usual: cross trainers, treadmills, ellipticals, weight machines, free weights. Do they have things like jump ropes, bosu, exercise balls, medicine balls?

I was on Brilliance two weeks ago. Excellent fitness center. I believe there were 14 each treadmills and ellipticals. (I counted to tell my DH since we will be on a TA on her in the fall.) There was a large open area for classes or free choice. And I remember bikes and steppers. They offer all the usual classes that you mentioned. Yes to free weights, steps, exercise balls. I don't remember seeing jump ropes, bosu, or medicene balls but I wasn't looking. It was a very nice center.

Haven't been on the Brilliance in a long time however did find this thread with info -- see the last post.

Hope this helps. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2219450

There were classes early in the day starting at 7A.M. last week. Stretch early followed by abs? I did see several spinning classes as well. The gym was never crowded (even on sea days) and we were always able to find an open tread mill, bike or elliptical. Did not see medicine balls, jump ropes, etc. anywhere.