Thanksgiving Day

mrscrab

We shall be on the Spirit for America's Thanksgiving Day. Does anyone know what happens on board. We are from Australia and don't hold such a holiday and it would be interesting to find out do we have to take something special with us. The Spirit will be cruising from Penang to Singapore and it will be our last night on board after hopefully a wonderful 16 days from Mombasa.

We shall be on the Spirit for America's Thanksgiving Day. Does anyone know what happens on board. We are from Australia and don't hold such a holiday and it would be interesting to find out do we have to take something special with us. The Spirit will be cruising from Penang to Singapore and it will be our last night on board after hopefully a wonderful 16 days from Mombasa.

I was on the Legend a few years ago at Thanksgiving. The only thing I notoced was the inclusion of a traditional Thanksgiving meal at dinner. Turkey with all the trimmings!

Host Dan

I have been on Seabourn once for Thanksgiving and there is very little made of it. There will be turkey on the menu. However, if you are able to be on any of the "Ladies" for Thanksgiving, that is holiday enough for me. We will be back on the Legend this year for Thanksgiving, so we can compare notes when we get back.

We also sailed on the Legend years ago on Thanksgiving, and apart from the turkey offering on the menu (which we avoided), there was, as one would expect, nothing else to mark the date. Now, April Fool's Day on the Legend, that's an entirely different story.... :-) Denyse

Oh dear......just realised we will be on the Spirit for April Fools day....this is supposed to be the day we have the "Caviar in the Surf" I think......might just stay in my cabin that day. No telling just what that "caviar" might actually be!

We will also be in India for Good Friday......curry and chocolate eggs sounds good!

GrannyLorr, I have only known the Captain on the Legend to indulge in April Fool's Day (although it would be fun if they did it on all 3 ships!). We had an unplanned visit to a newly-found Island in the Azores called Lirpansar, and were greeted by the chief! (Ask Daneite for permission to post the photo!!!!). Denyse P.S. When can we format paragraphs and do smilies again??????? I feel IT-challenged, but I see that others are similarly unable to do these usually simple things.

Kathryn,

I can smile again, too!!! :D Now I just need help from Norm so I can post that picture with Chief Lilttlestick!!! Norm, can you please help me to post a photo here (or if I email it to you, can you post it please?)

Kathryn, are you and Brian doing the 2 Legend crossings next year? We're doing both, 21 days in April ending in Rome, and 24 in October-November starting in Monte Carlo.

Denyse

Hi Denyse

We are doing the November crossing, but at the moment just the 16 days starting in Malaga, I must say starting in Monte Carlo sounds like a better idea, may need to rethink that one!

We are not doing the April crossing as we were not too sure about the itinerary, we thought it may be a little rough as she seems to be taking a more northerly route going to the Azores. We have just booked the transatlantic for April on the Silver Cloud(don't shoot me!) It sails from Barbados and does a 14 day trip across and ends in Lisbon, we have done Silverseas before, and while we like it we do prefer Seabourn, it was just the itinerary that sold it this time. So it looks like we will not see you until November '06 :eek: . We will have to try harder!!

We will have a drink to you and Ken on this November's crossing!

Kathryn

Hii Kathryn,

We have also done Silversea, but on the larger Shadow. Did you happen to see the great pricing in April on the San Juan-Las Palmas crossing on the Whisper? We have friends who want us to do that sailing, through to Barcelona. Take a look at it, as we may end up having to do that one since Seabourn no longer allows retroactive onboard booking discounts, and we're not onboard again until December 4th. The sailing may be sold out by then in a run-of-the-ship category. Silly of Seabourn to change the policy, don't you think? Here we really want to book the 21 days, and they changed the policy. What is really irksome about it is that we could book it, and then cancel without penalty. What a strange, badly conceived change in policy.

I'm sure we'll have no trouble doing the 24 days in October-November 2006, though, as it's really early and we'll book it onboard in December.

Regards to Brian.

Denyse

Hi Denyse

We did see the Whisper transatlantic but the flights were quite a bit more expensive than the Cloud sailing, and the ship is bigger! We did Shadow and Cloud a few years ago and prefer the smaller ones. Why don't you take a look at the Cloud sailing, it was at the same price as the Whisper, so a great deal and it would be good to see you again.

I suppose we should stop talking about SS on the Seabourn board as we don't want to upset our Host Dan as we have to sail with him in a few weeks time:rolleyes:

As far as retro-active onboard bookings, we must be stupid as we did it 7 years ago on Seabourn and then forgot you could do it:mad: , since then we have always done at least 2 open bookings while onboard to make sure we did not end up in the situation you are in now. Hindsight is a wonderful thing isn't it? So really the new policy makes no difference to us, we will just carry on as usual, so maybe sometimes its beneficial to be a little stupid as we are now not upset by the change:D :D

Brian sends his regards to you and Ken and don't forget, look at the Cloud transatlantic!

Kathryn

Hi Kathryn,

We made only one open booking which we're using on the December 4th Panama cruise, but I think we may make 3 or 4 from now on. I really think it's too bad we can't make the April Legend sailing retroactive, as it is sort of forcing us to make the Silversea booking, since the rate is 55% off (what we would normally get on Seabourn with the onboard booking discount). It seems idiotic, since we could book it now, cancel it, and rebook it onboard!!!

The airfares are fine on the Shadow if you go the full distance to Barcelona, btw!!! :D

Denyse

Hi Denyse

I'm back on board after being closed down for the Day of Atonement. Go ahead and email me the photo and I'll post it for you in this thread. Send it to norm@norms.biz. Look forward to seeing it! (Six days from now and I should be sitting on my Lufthansa plane ready to take off en route to Cairo - yipppeeee!!! :D)

Hi Norm,

Me, too! Happy New year! I'll send you the photo in an hour or so. Thank you so much for offering to post it. Lucky you---have a wonderful cruise on the Spirit. My first-ever Seabourn cruise was on the Spirit, about 100 years ago!

L' shana tovah (to you, and to all who know what I'm talking about!),

Denyse

Norm,

Thank you for so much posting the photo of Chief Littlestick and Brian, who was only on his first glass of champagne of the hour! As Daneite will vouch, the Chief came aboard the Legend on April 1st, somewhere in the middle of the Atlantic, after our Captain discovered a brand-new island in the Azores called Lirpansar!!!

:D:D:D:D:D

Denyse

P.S. Kathryn, who IS that cute guy next to the chief??????????????????????????????????

Oh that brings back good memories, I think you must have had too much Champagne though Denyse as Brian was on his 4th!!! Sorry cannot see any cute guys in the picture apart from the Seabourn Lion hung from the Chief's belt! It is a pity we are not all together again next April 1st as we could be ready for the Captain and have something even better planned! Although Brian's "smell" worked a treat! It was quite ironic that the air-conditioning engineer who had all the grief that day turned out to be Chief Littlestick.

Kathryn

Kathryn,

I had forgotten about all of the prank phone calls so many of us were making to the front desk!!! ;) Suddenly, tubs were overflowing, water pressure didn't work, toilets were broken, and all sorts of mishaps that were phoned in, as the passengers got wind of the Captain's funny April Fool's Day stop at "Lirpansar"! It really was a fun day, and the crew loved it! They had a good time preparing for it before we ever boarded, and planned it for about a week.:D

Denyse

P.S. Norm, thanks for posting!

Archived