How are Kid's Fun Zone ages grouped?

Mlascheid

Could someone tell me what the age ranges are for each group in the Kid's Zone? We have a 3 and 6 year old and wonder if they will be able to be in the same group for activites. They would be much moe likely to go if they could be together. Thanks.

Age groupings are based on how many kids aboard. If there are few kids on a cruise, more ages will be grouped together. Many kids: more groups with fewer ages. On our last cruise, my girl was in the 7-9 grouping. This was during the summer so there was a full range of activities and a full staff of counselors.

I can't remember what the grouping was the previous cruise but that was in February and there were only three 5-year-olds, including my daughter. One of the two kid rooms wasn't used and there were fewer activities (none of the science type ones).

If they aren't in the same group (say one group is 3-5), try to convince them that they will have fun anyway. They may even be in the same room, just doing different things. You may be able to get the older one with the younger kids, but maybe he would be happier with his own age.

I'm guessing "not so many". School for the most part seems to get out the Monday before Christmas with winter break either two or three weeks. In the L.A. school district, the last day of school this year is on Friday 12/16 with classes resuming on Monday 1/9. I would guess that any kids on your cruise are either younger than 5, get homeschooled or are on a different class track (year round school). Or the parents got a good deal on a cruise and figured the last week before winter break would probably be pretty quiet. So your three-year-old may have others his age but maybe not the older child.

I'm guessing "not so many". School for the most part seems to get out the Monday before Christmas with winter break either two or three weeks. In the L.A. school district, the last day of school this year is on Friday 12/16 with classes resuming on Monday 1/9. I would guess that any kids on your cruise are either younger than 5, get homeschooled or are on a different class track (year round school). Or the parents got a good deal on a cruise and figured the last week before winter break would probably be pretty quiet. So your three-year-old may have others his age but maybe not the older child.

Archived