Upcoming Amazon questions

drcandon

THANKS FOR THIS INFO

MY WIFE AND ME ARE BOOKED ON FEB 4 on your ship from rio

Now my wife don't want to go

What is exactly going on ? Food poisoning?

What is the laundry have to do with it ?

Do u think I have legal right to cancel and get refund ?

Thanks for the reply.

The laundry is closed because they don't want anyone who might be infected "contaminated" clothing potentially being a vector. Not bot be gross, but GI illness is caused by fecal matter ingestion.

Just be careful to wash your hand just before you eat and you will be fine. These types of illness rarely, if ever, come from the kitchen, but from hand to mouth from touching a contaminated surface.

You can get a GI illness almost anywhere if you are in public.

Sorry, IMO you do not have any right to cancel. I have been on at least 10 cruise when there was some sore of GI illness issue. It causes a little inconvenience not to be able to self serve in the buffet, but that is about it. I am a hundred time more worry about catching a cold form the flight that any GI illness. Even Norovirus symptoms only lasts for 3 days at most.

j

Edited by JMARINER

Oh I see

Oh well. Now my wife just hurt her back

To a point she can not travel

So we are canceling the trip thanks

God bought insurance which I usually don't

Also not feeling right about the Zika

And the yellow fever which me and my wife didn't take

For medical reason

Sorry to miss u.

Oh I see

Oh well. Now my wife just hurt her back

To a point she can not travel

So we are canceling the trip thanks

God bought insurance which I usually don't

Also not feeling right about the Zika

And the yellow fever which me and my wife didn't take

For medical reason

Sorry to miss u.

Well, if you cancel at this late date, I might just give my agent a call and see how cheap I can get your cabin. I have gotten some really some really sweet deals from Regent on last minute bookings.

Hope your wife back gets better.

j

Edited by JMARINER

Hi J

So no decision here yet

My wife back not good yet little better

Surgeon on Tuesday morning let's see what

He said

Few questions for you

1. Is the red code over or not yet ?

2. Are paangers worry about that Zika on board and did u hear about

Any passenger getting the flu ?

3. Since neither my wife or me got the yellow fever shot , do u think

I have to worry about it ,? Did u hear about anybody on previous cruises that got infected

Or bitten by that mosquitos ?

Thanks for all the info.

San

Dear Konagolfer Noel, thank you for the update, very much appreciated and would appreciate any other additional / update if you are able.

We were on Mariner BA to Rio Christmas/NewYear 2013 and other than taking all the sensible precautions regards mossies , which will always be around, all was fine. Yes we were bitten, but again some good bite cream always works. Again we have both had the yellow fever shots, from previous cruises, we are both 65 and for us no issues.

So enjoy the rest of the cruise, not sure how much longer you will both be on her, but safe flights home and travels.

Brian

Dear Konagolfer Noel, thank you for the update, very much appreciated and would appreciate any other additional / update if you are able.

We were on Mariner BA to Rio Christmas/NewYear 2013 and other than taking all the sensible precautions regards mossies , which will always be around, all was fine. Yes we were bitten, but again some good bite cream always works. Again we have both had the yellow fever shots, from previous cruises, we are both 65 and for us no issues.

So enjoy the rest of the cruise, not sure how much longer you will both be on her, but safe flights home and travels.

Brian

Hi Brian

Thanks for the info.

So as I see you were beaten by some

Mosquitos !

Well there was no Zika then ...

Also no yellow fever shot for me or my wife

We refuse to take it after some stories we heard .

I know you had the shot and everything was ok

However u may have been beaten by yellow fever but don't know about it

We are suppose to sail March 4 and still don't know if a go or not since my wife just hurt her back pretty bad .

On another note everybody is saying that the Amazone River is a waste of

Time. What's your opinion ?

Sam

Hi, sorry to hear about your wife, however for us the Amazon is a "must see" and as before we had the YF jab last year prior to going to Aus and NZ. Luckily for us no issues.

So getting packed ready for the flight out of London on Thursday, whatever happens good luck and safe travels.

We are currently on board the Mariner and will be in our first Brazilian port today. You may have read that we have an ongoing issue with intestinal illness on board. FYI, We are still under "code red" restrictions which includes the launderettes being closed. I am 68 and got the yellow fever shot with no side effects. The ship has given each cabin a bottle of 30% deet insect repellent. We also brought shirts that are insect repellent purchased at sporting goods store (Columbia brand).

Konagolfer Noel, hi I must have messed up on my original reply....Thanks for the information, very much appreciated. What is the current Mariner status? we shall still go ahead as we are really looking forward to the whole experience, but forwarned etc...

In the meantime if you are leaving in Rio, safe flight home.

Many Thanks Brian

Hi Brian

Thanks for the info. ......

.....On another note everybody is saying that the Amazone River is a waste of

Time. What's your opinion ?

Sam

We did the whole Circle South America in 2011 including the part you are looking to join soon.

We absolutely loved the Amazon Sailing. It is like nothing we have ever done and would do it again. We were on the same ship you will be. It is a nice ship and Regent does a nice job.

Yellow Fever mosquitoes only bite at night and you will not be on land after dark so the lack of the shot should not be a problem. However, be sure to have the official health card stamped with the shot serial # or a hand written/signed statement that you have a medical exclusion. Most countries that require yellow fever shots will honor that. Both times we have been to Brazil on a cruise, as long as you had the card stating you had the shot or were medically excluded, it was fine. You can get the card from a Doctor licensed to give the yellow fever injection in you state. One of the Doctors at our local clinic is licensed by our state, but he is not a "travel Doctor". When we got the shot the card was yellow and I think it still is. (I assume you live in the US)

You do need to take precautions again mosquitoes biting you. I am an mosquito magnet so I always use something when outside in areas where they live. Including my own back yard here on the Texas Gulf Coast. I like the individually wrapped wipes with Deet that I order from Amazon...easy to use and carry. We didn't see any mosquitoes on our trip, but am sure they were around.

I suggest you look at our blog with pictures of the trip you are sign up for. It will give you an idea as to what the cruise and the ship's tours will be like. We were on the same ship you will be on and had a wonderful time. Click on the link below and it will take you to the blog. Since it starts when we leave from Miami, you need to go to the archive list at the end of the page and click the post for March 1 starting with Rio, read though the newer posts from there by clicking on "Newer Post" at the bottom left of each new page

http://www.circlesouthamerica2011.blogspot.com

Hope you wife is feeling better and you get to make the trip.

Hi, sorry to hear about your wife, however for us the Amazon is a "must see" and as before we had the YF jab last year prior to going to Aus and NZ. Luckily for us no issues.

So getting packed ready for the flight out of London on Thursday, whatever happens good luck and safe travels.

Hope you have the great trip we did. The Amazon was a 'Must See" for us also and we were not disappointed.

We did a ship's tour in all the port where they were offered and enjoyed them all....at least on that segment. So be sure to do some. You might like to read about what we did in our blog also. see my earlier post for the link.

• 9 months later...

Hi we just signed up for this cruise on Regent March 4. Visa right after Christmas. Then yellow fever shots. Really don't want to do it but it seems we must. Anything about typhoid ??? Lots to do. Signed up for tours and dinner reservations. We are from Florida. Looking forward to the trip any any help you can give on such a short notice

Thanks

Judy and Larry

Edited by Sachmo

Hi we just signed up for this cruise on Regent March 4. Visa right after Christmas. Then yellow fever shots. Really don't want to do it but it seems we must. Anything about typhoid ??? Lots to do. Signed up for tours and dinner reservations. We are from Florida. Looking forward to the trip any any help you can give on such a short notice

Thanks

Judy and Larry

We are on the cruise and Regent sent this today and it says a medical waiver is ok.

VERY IMPORTANT INFORMATION: HEALTH REQUIREMENTS

Dear Guest or Travel Partner:

Thank you for choosing Regent Seven Seas Cruises.

Please note your upcoming cruise includes ports where it is necessary for visitors to receive the below vaccination(s).

Health Requirements:

 Yellow Fever Vaccination

If guests are unable to receive the vaccination due to medical reasons a medical waiver, provided by a doctor, will be accepted if shown upon arrival.

If you have any further questions, please call us at 844.4REGENT.

Thank you for your attention to this matter. We look forward to providing you or your guests with a memorable cruise experience.

Sincerely,

Regent Seven Seas Cruises

Please note that this email address does not accept replies.

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) is your one stop shop for answers on travel vaccinations. Just google "CDC travel vaccinations" and you will find the link to the page where you can search by country for recommended vaccinations.

FYI I did yellow fever, typhoid, hep A, and Hep B last year for trip to South Africa and more. Only problem was sore arms for a couple of days. Same as tetanus and flu.