Elite Question

Franknca

Does anyone know if there is a separate embarkation desk for Elites or is it combined with Platinums? I ask because we are Elite but my documents arrived with a Platinum boarding sticker on them. This happened on our last cruise and I had to have the Captain's Cirlce Rep on board issue us new cards and get our Elite perks started. My status show Elite for my next 3 cruises on Princess' Cruise Personalizer at their web site.

Frank-in-CA

You could alwasy wear your old Elite cards around your neck when you embark, just to avoid any confusion. :D

j/k folks!

Actually, I plan to bring them with just to prove my situation plus a print out from the web site. Elite makes packing so much easier due to the free laundry and dry cleaning. (G)

Frank

Actually I do wear my Elite badge round my neck ... I've had the pin at the back cut off and had it fixed into the sort of pendant holder jewellers use over here for UK gold sovereigns. I've never yet worn it on a ship (though I might) but wearing it ashore is a kind of invitation for anyone who recognises it to say hello .... as indeed they have done!

ibraSu

Actually I do wear my Elite badge round my neck ... I've had the pin at the back cut off and had it fixed into the sort of pendant holder jewellers use over here for UK gold sovereigns. I've never yet worn it on a ship (though I might) but wearing it ashore is a kind of invitation for anyone who recognises it to say hello .... as indeed they have done!

ibraSu

What is the Elite badge? We're just Elite since our last cruise and the only way I know that is it's listed on the Princess web site. I don't really know how it works. Do they send/give you a special pin or badge?

Another thing I've wondered about is the free mini-bar set up. It says one time only. Does that mean one time at the beginning of each cruise or one time on your first cruise as Elite and never again?

In another thread, we just read that on their cruise an Elite couple were given a double mini-bar set-up. We have only ever got one between us so rather than enjoying it as we have done, clearly we should have been ranting about Princess's stinginess!

Ibrasu

I received my elite membership card (badge) in the mail along with my elite pin and information regarding the elite benefits. The free bar set-up is on every cruise you are on after reaching elite status.

I've never received any pin or information stating we're elite. It just shows that status on the web site for our 3 upcoming cruises.

Frank-in-CA

Archived