Cozumel Ruins camera

headhunterke

Hi all

I've posted this question as part of another thread on the Cozumel boards, but people there were not sure what the answer was.

I'm probably taking the Chichen Itza shorex but I have read no professional camera's, video equipment and tripods are allowed.

Now, I have a Canon Eos 650D, in my opninion, far from a professional camera, but it has been refused in a few spots, mostly sports events. But at other times, it did pass without any questions asked.

Does any of you have any experience with the policies at the ruins?

Hi all

I've posted this question as part of another thread on the Cozumel boards, but people there were not sure what the answer was.

I'm probably taking the Chichen Itza shorex but I have read no professional camera's, video equipment and tripods are allowed.

Now, I have a Canon Eos 650D, in my opninion, far from a professional camera, but it has been refused in a few spots, mostly sports events. But at other times, it did pass without any questions asked.

Does any of you have any experience with the policies at the ruins?

Any DSLR is acceptable but the huge telescopic lens seems to put the camera in the Pro category. A short lens, even though a telephoto, seems to put your camera back to the "amateur" level.