Bathroom Amenities on the Dawn Princess?

sfvoyager

Good Morning,

We will be travelling on the Dawn Princess, and I was wondering if anyone could describe the type and quality of bathroom amenities. We are staying in a Standard Oceanview Room.

Also, can anyone comment on what the pillows are like, and if it is possible to request feather pillows?

We will have a better idea in two weeks when we get back, but here's what you can expect from our past experience:

Fancy cardboard 1 oz tubes of conditioner, shampoo and lotion. This is the lotus spa version Eucalyptus and my wife loves it. We bring home a big bag of extras to use until the next cruise. There will also be two rounds bars of the Eucalyptus soap. Not bad either. Don't worry about running out. They clean the room twice a day and leave two of everything, but you can always request more.

I have heard you can request feather pillows. Never have since I don't care for them. But you can request an eggcrate mattress (2" foam) which does wonders for the bed. It holds the two beds together better, eliminates the crack in the middle and makes it much more comfortable.

I'll be a first time PRINCESS cruiser on 10/29 (on the SUN) and have seen several references to these eggcrates! Is this a request to the room steward or something that can be requested in advance via the website? Always looking to be a little more comfy!

Thanks

These are the 2" foam mattress flat on one side, but with the other side shaped like the old fashion cardboard eggcrates for a flat of eggs.

Some say you can order them by faxing a special request to Princess. We always request one from our room steward when we arrive.

Archived