Help! India visa problem

tatabea

This board has been so valuable during my trip planning, I hope someone has a suggestion for my problem. DH and I leave in 3 weeks and will travel to India in March. I applied for and had no trouble paying for my eVisa, but I can't get my husband's payment to go through. Any suggestions? I have cleared the cookies, and tried a different card. Thanks!

Thank you Keith, for the help. I finally have managed to pay for DH's India visa. I was afraid I'd have to go alone! ;)

In order to help others who may be having the same problem- the application is filled out correctly, the passport photo and copy of passport page are to all the many correct specifications, etc- the payment just won't go through-- here is my experience.

I tried many times to submit payment but it would just come back "not submitted". I cleared my cookies and browsing history as someone suggested and that didn't work either. I used my iPad, and that didn't work either. I had already notified the bank there were 2 charges coming through from Bank of India, but they said they were not refused, they just never even reached my bank. Anyway, after losing sleep but waking up to my evisa being accepted, I printed mine out and tried to send his payment again- failure!

So I took your suggestion, Keith and went in to my old desk top, put in the id number they'd given me and tried again. It went through!

So, to everyone having problems, try a different computer (as I said, my iPad didn't work), try different times of day (it was 8PM in India).

good luck!

ps: after payment was accepted, I got my visa emailed to me the next day.

Edited by tatabea

Just wanted to make sure you know the eVisa is only valid for travel to specific airports, it cannot be used if arriving into India via a cruise ship.

Yes, thank you for the concern. We are flying into Delhi before boarding a ship in Singapore. Just sight seeing before our cruise.