Question about kids club for 11 year old

KMB2014

Can someone explain the check in procedure for 11 year olds to the kids club? Does a parent need to sign them in and out each time or can the kids drop in on their own? Are there capacity restrictions for this age group? We will be on the Getaway during spring break. I'm sure there will be tons of kids of all ages on board.

As stated in that document, 10-12 year olds can check themselves out after two hours. In my experience, they are quite strict about that two hour limit, so if you want them to come out earlier then you have to to go and get them yourself.

They can't check themselves out when the ship is in port.

They can also check themselves in. However, I recall a couple of times when our son was unable to do so and I can't remember the reason why. Possibly it was also when we were in port (maybe so they can remind the parents that he needs checking out etc).

I wouldn't worry too much about capacity. We were on the Getaway last Easter when there were about a thousand kids onboard, and we always cruise during holidays. We almost always receive an email warning about capacity but it has never been an issue.

There has been discussion on here about it, but from memory the discussion has always been more about the possibility than any actual problems.