3 Hour Excursion Over Lunch...What to do before/after

CruisingCaity16

I and a friend (single late 20s) are doing the RCCL chocolate excursion on Roatan. Her request, not mine, and I am pretty sure I can't talk her out of it. I didn't realize that RCCL docks at Coxen and I know very little about it. The excursion is only 3 hours with lunch. What can we do before or after other that just go back to the ship? It didn't look like we could go to a beach without a fair bit more cost, which is a bummer. Ideas?

It doesn't claim to be a plantation. I believe it is possibly Mayak Chocolates in Roatan.

Ok so if it is Mayak Chocolates..you can walk to West End and Half Moon Bay Beach or you could hop a water taxi to check out West Bay Beach.

Transport back to Coxen Hole should not cost more than $25 but the prices are not set so the guy may well try to cheat you. :0)

Edited by Guest 2000

I saw that and while I don't enjoy it, I will haggle. The excursion picks up and drops off at port. I'm not sure if they would let us skip the ride back or not. Something to consider. We have 8:30 or 11:30 options for the excursion through the ship. If we took the early tour we might have time to do that or catch a taxi back towards West Bay. I probably wouldn't risk going out there before the 11:30 tour for fear we wouldn't make it back to catch the tour. Thanks for your input.