Board upgrade comments. Please use this thread only.

Old Gadge

What will happen after the board upgrade will existing threads be saved? Will

our log on names be saved or will we all be reborn younger and more vigorous? For instanace will Shoreguy become Beachboy or Swimrgirl = Watrbaby, Goldryder becomes Gold"L"plateRyder and Old Gadge = Young Gadge what other names could be reborn?

We will see - Monday will be a long day - Based on history I would not be surprised if the upgrade blackout continues into Tuesday.

There are a number of my posts I would not mind seeing disappear. :rolleyes:

If there is info that you want to make sure you have in future - NCL emails, numbers, contacts, reviews it might not hurt to print a hard copy today.

There are many sites running V Bulletin with far more traffic and none of the issues we have had here. Nothing would surprise me after Monday :eek:

Beachboy :D

I passed my test years ago, so I best not be given an 'L' plate...or there might be some serious 'L' :p :D

This site has many many gremlins, all of which should go...or the moddygyrators will be giving up their cruises and we, the poor minions, will go on them instead :)

Another cruise board just upgraded their Software and it seems to have went fine.

CruiseCritic is running under vBulletin Version 3.0.9 The latest version is 3.5

The vBulletin team is proud to present vBulletin 3.5.0 Gold.

from

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=156067

You should have been here when they first went to vBulletin. The boards were down for days as the moved only a small portion of the database. They had to leave up on thread for everyone to post on the old platform.

It will be interest to see if the software upgrade corrects the issues. I hope it includes new servers because in my opion that is the cause of many of the error messages.

I cruised with my son in September who owns and operates 60+ websites. It was clear to him the issues where not Version 3.0.9 problems but server problems based on the types of issues I faced posting from the ship.. I have to believe (I believe , I believe) that the software upgrade is just a by product of a server upgrade.

I will miss my fix! My wonderful, informative, entertaining, sometimes dysfunctional CC fix! *sobs piteously*

Not sure how much younger my name could get ... green is youth! Rebirth! Alive and suckin' up sunlight! Green is, well, GREEN. :D

Sing it Kermit!

It's hard to be ...

Some of my friends call me Mar instead of the full Marilyn. Maybe I will be Mard instead of Marilynd.

I just hate the idea of losing some more posts. When they did this upgrade thing before I had several hundred posts and I came back after the upgrade as starting over with my first post.

It's just that I think those with the most posts show the "newbies" to the message board that they have the experience to answer their inquiries. None of us can hold a candle to Shoreguy (Beachboy) in the wealth of information that they give others. I just think that sometimes those with posts under 10 are thought of by other board members are inexperienced cruisers. "It's like just my opinion Man".

This comes from someone who in my job runs an accounting software so old that it is still using floppy disks to load and has no upgrades available for such an old program. I love it.

But please give me those large new technologically advanced cruise ships every time.

Marilyn

Remember that when we lost our post counts was when we went from Infopop to vBulletin. Now we are just going to an updated version of vBulletin.

Nothing will go wrong. Nothing will go wrong Nothing will go wrong Nothing will go wrong Nothing will go wrong sdfajewifhawr'hgp

Marilynd, I am Marilynbn, I was also called Mar pronounced Mare in earlier times!. Sometimes I do a doubletake when I see your name posted, too simliar to mine. :) I agree I look like a newbie too after upgrades. I have actually been very active since February of 2004.Hopefully our post totals will be unchanged. Marilyn

Archived