RCCL Wedding Registry??

JVilleGal

Greetings ladies! I used the search button and got zilch :(

My Niece is sailing on RCCL Freedom June 12 for her Honeymoon. In the past I could swear I have seen Cruiseline Wedding registries for couples taking Honeymoon cruises???

Am I crazy? Thanks for any help!

Some of the lines do offer them, however, the couples get the "gifts" in the form of OBC on their accounts and they can't book anything until they're on the ship (at least for CCL). Also, CCL's provider charges an extra 10% fee for using the registry.

I'd check with RCCL to see if they offer such a service.

You can buy onboard credit for them via the gift department, but you will need their booking number. But there is no direct registry with RCCL that I know of.

Thank you, yes I was involved with the booking so that part I've got down. Was just wanting an easy way for family to provide OBC and other treats easily and I searched that website for a couple hours. Must have been Princess I say or it was RCCL a long time ago.

Seems like an easy profit center, common sense says this would be a good thing for Honeymoones! :(

So what I ended up doing for my registry - I registered on Amazon, and Amazon allows you to add in things from other websites via their global "add to registry" link. So I found the page that allows you to buy onboard credit, and in the info on the registry, I added in my booking # so that it gave folks a way to buy us onboard credit if they wished for the wedding. That might be a way to handle it.

We're having our honeymoon on RCI, and we've signed up with the registry.

http://www.royalcaribbeanhoneymoon.com

She'll have to sign up and start a registry and make a wedding webpage but it's free for her.

We are under Isabel and Marty if you want to see what it looks like. :p

You mean to tell me after ALL my searching & googling there actually is a RCCL registry???? OMG why would I hey make it impossible to find?

CRAZY! Thanks for the heads up, I'm heading there now ;)

Isabel thank you soooo much! I went over to your registry and took a peek! Congratulations and I am sure you will have a fabulous cruise!

My niece and her hubby are also sailing on the Freedom OTS in June. I'm pretty sure a June sailing will be full of Honeymooners :)

• 1 month later...

I also looked into this for our wedding but honeyfunds in any forms are looked down upon. So I didn't go that route. They suggest putting less items on your registry which will have guests resort to giving money versus asking for it.

• 3 weeks later...

I really think it depends on the couple and their circumstances. For example, my fiance and I live in Australia. We've been together 7 years, (almost 8 by the time we get married) and have been living together for 4 years, own 2 houses and both are pretty well established.

Our wedding is in Vegas and the last thing we want to have to haul gifts halfway across the world, excess luggage is expensive! LOL

Also, by the time we get married I'll be 37 and he'll be 40.

If I was in my 20s, it would be totally different, Give me that scan gun!! LOL

Isabel:D

I really think it depends on the couple and their circumstances. For example, my fiance and I live in Australia. We've been together 7 years, (almost 8 by the time we get married) and have been living together for 4 years, own 2 houses and both are pretty well established.

Our wedding is in Vegas and the last thing we want to have to haul gifts halfway across the world, excess luggage is expensive! LOL

Just don't post honeyfunds on wedding wire forums. You'll get eaten alive. We aren't doing a registry now and probably not a cruise fund either.

Just don't post honeyfunds on wedding wire forums. You'll get eaten alive. We aren't doing a registry now and probably not a cruise fund either.

O.M.G. hahahahahaahaha They do eat people alive over there for that!!! Some of it is a lil bit uncalled for. Personally I've already set one up on Carnivals and attached it to my webpage, which also says "we have everything we need, but for the traditional gift giver" and will have other options for registries to chose from.

I agree with them about not putting it on invites or anything... but a link in the registry section of my webpage is not a big deal to me, and if they think so they can pound sand.. if someone wants to get their gift there for us.. have at it.. if they chose to give nothing.. that is fine too.

I happen to be inviting a lot of avid cruisers to my wedding also, who I personally think would think it was pretty cool they could do this in lieu of a gift if they choose... so I will choose not to listen to a bunch of young girls with zero life experience who think their wedding day is the "biggest" day of their lives. LOL They do make me laugh though.

Edited by StingRaysfan

As a 37 year old working on my second marriage and we live together.... I agree with this ^^^^

O.M.G. hahahahahaahaha They do eat people alive over there for that!!! Some of it is a lil bit uncalled for. Personally I've already set one up on Carnivals and attached it to my webpage, which also says "we have everything we need, but for the traditional gift giver" and will have other options for registries to chose from.

I agree with them about not putting it on invites or anything... but a link in the registry section of my webpage is not a big deal to me, and if they think so they can pound sand.. if someone wants to get their gift there for us.. have at it.. if they chose to give nothing.. that is fine too.

I happen to be inviting a lot of avid cruisers to my wedding also, who I personally think would think it was pretty cool they could do this in lieu of a gift if they choose... so I will choose not to listen to a bunch of young girls with zero life experience who think their wedding day is the "biggest" day of their lives. LOL They do make me laugh though.

How long is your wedding cruise? Ours is only 4 nights and 2 ports and any gifts through the honeyfund would go towards the one day of excursions and onboard expenses. So I'm hesitant if that's even worth it.

How long is your wedding cruise? Ours is only 4 nights and 2 ports and any gifts through the honeyfund would go towards the one day of excursions and onboard expenses. So I'm hesitant if that's even worth it.

Ours is 5 nights and two ports. But with excursions and alcohol and pictures etc I would say anything will help. I also registered for a couples massage on board or an upgrade for dinner... so it wasn't just money specific. That said, if you are a younger bride and need stuff for a life together, your best bet may be to grab the scanner!

You can check out the registry if you like... I haven't added any others to the site yet, but will be.

https://www.weddingwire.com/weddings/5099575/wedding_new_website#!/website/10773685

Edited by StingRaysfan

Ours is 5 nights and two ports. But with excursions and alcohol and pictures etc I would say anything will help. I also registered for a couples massage on board or an upgrade for dinner... so it wasn't just money specific. That said, if you are a younger bride and need stuff for a life together, your best bet may be to grab the scanner!

You can check out the registry if you like... I haven't added any others to the site yet, but will be.

https://www.weddingwire.com/weddings/5099575/wedding_new_website#!/website/10773685

I didn't even think about using the carnival registry for the photographs!!! My fiancé and I actually already did the scanning/registry thing and now we are rethinking it. I don't think we will have a bridal shower and we already have everything we need for our house.

I didn't even think about using the carnival registry for the photographs!!! My fiancé and I actually already did the scanning/registry thing and now we are rethinking it. I don't think we will have a bridal shower and we already have everything we need for our house.

LOL.. does it sound wrong to say that the thought of registering for a serving bowl I already have a pile off seems more rude than what I'm doing? If I were a guest at a wedding I'd want to get someone something they truly wanted, not something they felt obligated to register for because girls on a website told them they had too even though they already had it.

That said, I did have to talk my FH down from a Best Buy registry... registering for a 73 inch TV and new Apple computer touchpad just didn't seem right :) We will probably do another registry on Amazon with a couple off the wall things... I do need a zester and a better can opener...

You can also set up an account on Honeyfund.com. It's specifically to registry for honeymoons. We loved it. My bridesmaids threw a honeymoon themed shower as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app