Balcony guarantee to save $330

crazycruzer68

For Alaska, no, not worth it! So much amazing scenery; I would very upset with any kind of obstruction. Plus, 7272 is a great location; port side, near the aft, and not in the "indented" portions of the ship. Your view will be amazing!

Edited by Jenbo57

Disclaimer: OP, I mean absolutely no offense when I say this, please don't take this the wrong way...

I just never understand these "Is it worth it?" questions. I'd love to help, but don't see how I (or anyone else here, for that matter) can.:confused: Who are we to tell you if it's worth it? We are just strangers on the internet.:o We can offer our opinions, and what we would do, but none of us are you. We all have different values, requirements, budgets, and tastes. Only you can decide if it's "worth it" to you.

FWIW - My only experience with a Balcony Gaurantee was on a Pride cruise several years ago, when I booked a Pack 'n Go rate. About a month before sailing (when I wasn't aware yet that I had gotten my cabin assignment), I got my first call from the Upsell Fairy. I took the deal she offered (coincidentally, it was about $330 total) and upgraded to our first Ocean Suite.

Good luck and have a great cruise, no matter what cabin you get.:)

The Legend doing Alaska

Well, if they can guarantee it would be an 8A or higher category, it would be worth it to me. If it may end up being an obstructed category 7, that is up to you.

And for others wondering why people ask other people for advice, welcome to the internet. :p

We've had an obstructed balcony on Miracle (sister ship) You won't have an obstructed view looking out and standing at the railing you can see perfectly down to the water.

The life boats will either come to the floor of your balcony or to the rail of your balcony. So it depends on which room you end up in what your view sitting on your balcony will be.

I loved our room and was very happy with it. So to me, I would be okay with the chance of one of those to save a couple hundred

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

For us, no...we always book the balcony, the deck and the exact location we want, period. Not worth the worry that we will get a cabin we will not be happy with.

When we book, there is a lot that goes into the decision of which cabin we reserve. Even when we have been offered upgrades or upsells, if the location is too far forward or aft its a no go.

And for others wondering why people ask other people for advice, welcome to the internet. :p

It's not the asking for advice that I don't get, it's the wording along the lines of "is it worth it?". We can give advice and opinions, but we can never decide for someone else if anything is worth anything for them.

I apologise, everybody: I guess I'm focusing on the words too much. I tend to do that. I guess I just need to mentally re-word these questions to "what would you do and why?":o

Edited by ShakyBeef