Norwegian Sun

SetmySails

Prior to an upcoming cruise in February with my 13 year old and her 3 grandmothers, I have happily cruised Princess and Costa. I've been reading things about worn out public spaces and moldy shower curtains on the Sun. Can someone who has recently cruised this ship give me an honest opinion of her condition and crew. Thanks so much

Prior to an upcoming cruise in February with my 13 year old and her 3 grandmothers, I have happily cruised Princess and Costa. I've been reading things about worn out public spaces and moldy shower curtains on the Sun. Can someone who has recently cruised this ship give me an honest opinion of her condition and crew. Thanks so much

Love to know where you read that. None of the recent feedback included anything about worn public areas and moldy bathrooms. There were some negitive reviews when the ship first entered service.

Do a seach of these boards I don't think you willfind many negitives about the ship itself.

I have been on the Sun twice in the last two years it it was like brand new each time.

I just did a search = Sun+moldy+worn

The only two threads that showed up was this one and another on how unreliable the comments can be on the review page. I posted the same quotes you may have read plus the other side of the story.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=59573&highlight=Sun+moldy+worn

As I posted before consider the source. Most of the ugly stuff is from some person named Anonymous :eek:

I can recommend the Sun without reservation.

I was on the Sun last December - no moldy shower curtains and no shabby public areas. I don't recollect anyone complaining about that sort of thing on the Sun. She is an attractive well-maintained ship. I liked her so much I will be on her again in Jan 2006.

I forgot to add - the crew were excellent - we had our best cabin steward ever! He could not do enough for us.

I was on the Sun last December - no moldy shower curtains and no shabby public areas. I don't recollect anyone complaining about that sort of thing on the Sun. She is an attractive well-maintained ship. I liked her so much I will be on her again in Jan 2006.

I forgot to add - the crew were excellent - we had our best cabin steward ever! He could not do enough for us.

All this from one quote from that busy Mr. Anonymous

Public areas worn out - carpets, stains on chairs. Moldy shower curtain in cabin bathroom. Stained bedspread. I'm surprized this ship rates so high on CruiseCritic. - Anonymous

From the same CC source :)

From the same source on the same ship over the same timeframes:

Great food, great choices, a beutiful ship - Anonymous

Out of my 25 cruises this was the best. The service on NCL can't be beat. - Anonymous

Great ship! The Sun is very classy, lot's of excellent food. Will go again. - Anonymous

Great ship, great fun! - Anonymous

Crew couldn't do enough to please us and the ship was beautiful, great fun on the Sun.

Beautiful, clean ship - great value for the money and the best entertainment at sea - Anonymous

The Sun exceeded my expectations. The staff was friendly and very helpful. The Jean-Ann Ryan Company - outstanding. Will sail NCL again. - Anonymous

A truly wonderful experience that I would recomment to everybody. Freestyle cruising may not be for everybody, but it surely for me. - Anonymous

Excellent adventure! Freestyle is the only way to cruise. Can't wait to sail NCL again!

A fantastic trip

GREAT CRUISE

I can't wait to book on ncl sun again. if i could go next week i would!!!!!!!

As a first time cruiser this was a perfect adventure for me. - Anonymous

This is our best cruise to date. We love freestyle! - Anonymous

Had the best vacation of my LIFE!!!!

I would sail again on the Sun in a heartbeat - even in a hurricane. - Anonymous

love this ship. -

The Sun shines for me !! - Anonymous

Awesome ship!! - Anonymous

A ship that is NOT to be missed. Superb!

been on 11 cruises...this is THE BEST yet!!

Sailing on the Sun, is like sailing to heaven

Before I die I wanna sail on the Sun again

With all of the POSITIVE reviews of the Norwegian Sun we finally decided and booked the Sun for a December cruise. We debated over whether to cruise on the Dream or the Sun, but the price was so good on the Sun it was a no brainer. I will finally be able to compare the Sun versus the Spirit which is the best ship I have sailed on yet. That may or may not change with the Sun.

WE enjoyed our cruise this past September on the Sun soooooo much that I have booked us for another week on this marvelous ship next April.

My wife and I have absolutely fallen in love with the staff, food, entertainers and crew of the Sun. She is spotless and the pride they all have in her is obvious to anyone that cares to look carefully.

We sailed the Sun in April and everything was perfect. We absolutely loved the ship and would sail on it again in a heartbeat.

I think that if you do a search and read all the reviews, you will find that the only negative reviews are from anonymous or people that are trying to make trouble.

You will love the Sun!

We were on the sun for the first time sept 18th and it was great, this was about my 9th cruise first with ncl and would definitely and may even book again (if i can sneak it past hubby book it and tell him about it after its all paid for and too late to cancel) for this winter, I have posted my review on this board.

Sandy

We have not recently cruised her, but that must have been just one pretty unhappy cruiser. As for worn out anything, for heaven's sake, she is barely 4 years old. She went in the water October of 2001. Soon she will be going into dry dock for some sprucing up. As for moldy shower curtains, that I can't comment on. One negative review from Annonomous should never influence anyone's thinking unless they are looking for problems that do not exist. As for the crew, well lets just say, after about 19 cruises, we keep coming back to NCL for 2 reasons: 1-the best crew out there and 2-freestyle cruising. On our recent Jewel cruise I would ask all the crew what ship they were on prior to the new Jewel; everyone of them that had been working on the Sun, said as much as they loved the Jewel there was no ship quite like the Sun. Hope this helps aliviate any misgivings you have. NMNita

Archived