Best Deck/Area For Seasick Prone People?

lunaxmars

I'm fairly certain this has been asked a million times here, and I apologize for being the millionth and one person!

I'm looking to sail on the Norwegian Gem from NYC to the Caribbean. DH and I get seasick sometimes, but I'm more concerned about my sister who is 9 and will be joining us (and my dad) for her first cruise. I'm looking at a trip that leaves next month so I won't have much to pick from I'm sure- but I'm looking to book a balcony. Any tips on a deck or area of the ship that would be best? TIA

Midship and a lower deck is the optimal place. However, if it's really rough, you're going to feel it everywhere...can't be helped. And, you won't be IN your cabin except for sleeping, really....you'll be out and about...all over the ship!

Midship and a lower deck is the optimal place. However, if it's really rough, you're going to feel it everywhere...can't be helped. And, you won't be IN your cabin except for sleeping, really....you'll be out and about...all over the ship!

Thanks! I do plan to be out and about very much! :)