Questions about Internet on Navigator of Seas

I have a few questions about this.

1.How much is it for dialup for the whole cruise?

2. How much is it up for wireless and where on the ship is wireless?

3. How much is the internet cafe?

I'm thinking of taking my laptop. I mainly only wanted internet to check myemail.

• 2 weeks later...

I agree, the internet on the Nav is slow, slow. It would take me 10 minutes to just get logged on to my email. We did take our laptop and paid the $100 for the week but could never get it to work, even a tech came and tried. We got a full refund.

At every port you go to (except private islands) you can easily find an internet cafe close to the docks. It will cost you a couple of $$ for about 1/2 an hour of time and will be a fast connection.

I think the cost for the internet on the ship was 50cents a minute, but there were times when it was happy hour for 1/2 price. And if your a C&A member you will get some coupons for free minutes..

Funcruiser

We sailed the Navigator in Sept and used the internet room to check business email daily. The cost was .50/minute and we had some coupons in our Crown and Anchor booklet. We were going to take the laptop, but we decided since we only wanted to check email, we would use the facilities onboard. I'm glad we didn't lug the laptop along with us. The internet room onboard was more than sufficient for us.

I just got off the Mariner, this was my 6th RCCL but the first where we could not get the cyber cabin to work at all, after two days of RCCL trying we gave up and did the wireless, it was $75 for 150 minutes, but boy they go fast since things are slow, I like the $100 unlimited better even if its slow, plus to use the wireless you have to go down to deck 5, its not available in your cabins.

• 2 weeks later...

I've got the same questions with regard to Internet access on Navigator. This thread helps:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=97718

I was on Enchantment in March '05 (prior to lengthening/refurb), and the Internet connection didn't seem slow at all. That was using the Royal Caribbean Online computers, not the in-cabin or wireless service.

I'm going on the November 12 Navigator of the Seas Western Caribbean itenerary (or what's left of it after Wilma). I'm bringing my PowerBook, so I will report all details of the Navigator Internet experience.

- Justin

Was just on the Navigator 10/15. Used the internet on 3 or 4 occasions to check e-mail and to contact people in ports that we were getting rerouted from. You can always access Royal Caribbeans site and Celebrity site for free. If you get rerouted and have to switch ports this is a great way to check out the shore excursion offerings in the new ports that you are going to. Also we were able to print out all of htese shore excursions for free. Here is a cheapskate tip, if you need to type an e-mail go to the browser where you type in the address and compose your entire e-mail before connecting to the internet. Then you can copy it all out of the address bar connect to the internet hurry and paste it into your e-mail, fix a few formatting things and send. I hate to sound cheap but it works and I was able to connect send an e-mail and disconnect with only 1 minute used.

The internet was slow, but I think that it was faster than regular dial up oir atleast equal to it. We only ever tried e-mail in the onboard computer lab (deck 8?)

• 2 months later...

Is the only wireless hotspot on the Navigator on Deck 5? Where on Deck 5 do you have to go? Has anyone used the wireless recently on the NOS?

What equipment, if any, do you need to bring to connect for the $100 a week in your cabin? How is the speed recently - any improvement?

I cannot decide if it is worth it to bother to bring my laptop or not... I have never taken it before and have never really missed it! But there are times when it would be nice to have it.

Archived