Pre-cruise package Amsterdam need some help!

Al54

I'm booked on the Silhouette Baltic cruise (2-14 May). Celebrity website offers a three nights "sea and stay package" at hotel Mövenpick and a "City stay" with some visits. The problem is that they don't give any price and there's no clickable link or "add to cart" button. Celebrity never answered my emails. (:mad:) Does anybody know the fares for those pre-cruise stays? Where could I find some informations?

Thanks in advance,

Al

I don't know the price from Celebrity but I can tell you that Amsterdam is very expensive so prepare to be shocked.

To the core:cool:

We go after you and I had booked airbnb. Things have changed and we are now driving there from France and stopping several times, the last night just short of Amsterdam.

Don't be having any swinging parties and drinking the ship dry! Try to make sure that the ingedients for a cosmo are available for me! Ooh. Mudslide!

Getting in the mood now.

Just edited to say that I hadn't noticed that you were here too!

Edited by morbihan

The only thing i DO know is that Celebrity's cruise packages are very expensive! As you are from France I'd suggest either calling Celebrity's call center in the Netherlands for a price quote ( sometimes if you're lucky they're really knowledgeable, but they're always polite...) or just book the hotel by yourself because in general you 'll save at least 50 % of the price.

The Movenpick is a very nice hotel. If you are on a cruise you often get a room with a beautiful view over the port. The cruise ships dock right next door so no hassle with your luggage. The train station (Amsterdam Centraal) is a ten-minute leisurely walk from the hotel and you'll have all the choices in regard to tourist boats, trams and the tourist office next to the station. There's also a tourist boat stop right next to the hotel.

I personally find the prices comparable to those in France and Germany.

It's also really easy to walk to the hotel from the station even with luggage or take a taxi or the tram for the short ride.

Thanks to you. Unfortunately, the Mövenpick is full for those dates, so I supposed the hotel was booked by the cruiseline, that's why I wanted to know what the Celebrity offer was. But if you say their offers are usually very pricy, I'll try to book another hotel by myself. Unfortunately, it's the labor day week-end and the hotels in Amsterdam city-center are really expensive.

Thanks again,

Al

I would definitely book on your own. You can find good choices at better prices. When we were in Amsterdam a few years ago we stayed at the Estherea Hotel-lovely small hotel with great service. We found it very easy to get around Amsterdam. Took a taxi from the cruise ship to the hotel with no trouble at all. Good luck!

We were in Amsterdam this past September and stayed several days at Banks Mansion. It was perfect and I would stay there again. As previously noted, however, be prepared for the prices! Amsterdam hotels are really expensive. It's worth it, though...Amsterdam is a wonderful city.

GOOD TIP: If you want to visit the Anne Frank House while in Amsterdam and you know the date you want to visit....Keep checking the website for tickets to so on sale on your date.

Get the timed tickets on line and avoid the long line at the door. They sell out fast and go on sale on random dates, so you have to keep checking.

With a timed ticket you ring a side door bell and walk in at your set time. Saved us literally a few hours wait. The line there is infamous!

Very interesting and moving visit.

Also, prebook tickets to the Van Gogh museum, with a specific date and time. We bought ours at the special ticket office and still had to wait a long time!

DEFINITELY pre buy Anne Frank, the lines are incroyable!!

We did AirBandB in Amsterdam and it was great, they have the best trolley system I've ever seen, we went all over town so easily!

Altho prices will be high, they will be LESS to book yourself than if you book with X. (Too the Moevenpick will require you to take transportation to get into the city center. ) This hotel can actually can often be found on Priceline and other discount sites. But, There are MANY other small hotels along the canals and off the Dam square.

HOWEVER... you are really booking late, I'd start emailing/calling hotels directly as they might have a cancellation waiting to be refilled. Use tripadvisor.com and a map to work this out. We always book directly with the hotels when we travel to Europe. Get the best pricing too.

Edited by eandj

You're right, I know it's late but I booked my cruise a few days ago and didn't want to book an hotel without being sure to get a cabin!

Thank you for your advice, I agree with you and also book directly, I was just hoping to get a better deal with the cruiseline group price, but understand know, with all your answers, it was just an illusion!

Al