Tell me about seven mile beach.

Been to Grand Cayman before, but never visited seven mile beach, Tell me your experiences, additional expenses on the beach, best locations, and anything else you would like to share. Thanks in advance.

kenlorjus

Been to Grand Cayman before, but never visited seven mile beach, Tell me your experiences, additional expenses on the beach, best locations, and anything else you would like to share. Thanks in advance.

kenlorjus

Yes actually it is really like 5 miles long. Not sure where the 7 comes from could be the road distance following the beach. Either way it is a very beautiful beach. Certain areas can be crowded like around the Hyatt where the Red Sail Sports is located. This is usually only during cruise ships day though. The entire length of the beach is walkable. The only area that has some rock to walk over would be in front of Treasure Island resort. Most cruisers are dropped off farther north up the beach though. It is a very populated beach with resorts, condo's and a scattering of private homes. If there are any spaces left between these properties there is probably something being built there as we speak. Since hurricane Ivan this may not be the case. Many properties were heavily damaged and some older places were actually torn down.

Some private residences will post private property but walking up and down the beach is a favorite past time. If you have snorkel equipment bring it. Just pick a spot and venture out. Beautiful crystal clear waters. I've seen some beautiful parrot fish in front of the Mariott. The occasional barricuda, and schools of beautiful fish to surround you. The Royal Palms has a large outdoor bar literally feet from the water and is a nice place to have a few drinks and do some people watching. Might want to check the status of this place, the last picture I saw of it after Hurricane Ivan the roof was collapsed on top of it.

If you have any specific questions I'd be happy to answer them if I can. My family has spent much time on Cayman and is still our favorite vacation spot.

was on the jewel last december and grand caymen was one of the stops. sine we weren;t swimming with the sting rays (an extremely popular excursion) we chose to go to 7 mile beach. the unfortunate thing for us was that there were 9 other cruise ships in port that day because they were diverted from other places. to say that the beach was crowded was an understatement. there wasn't a chair to be found and the snack area had over an hour wait for food.

having said that.......the beach itself is beautiful and an easy cab ride from the pier. there is a way to check to see how many other ships will be there at the same time. of course i don't remember.

was on the jewel last december and grand caymen was one of the stops. sine we weren;t swimming with the sting rays (an extremely popular excursion) we chose to go to 7 mile beach. the unfortunate thing for us was that there were 9 other cruise ships in port that day because they were diverted from other places. to say that the beach was crowded was an understatement. there wasn't a chair to be found and the snack area had over an hour wait for food.

having said that.......the beach itself is beautiful and an easy cab ride from the pier. there is a way to check to see how many other ships will be there at the same time. of course i don't remember.

Archived