Can you use Uber or Lyft at the Long Beach port after you disembark?

tjmcdona

Never used Uber.....sounds like a good idea though. How do you know the car is yours so anyone else doesn't jump into it?

I've used Uber whenever I could. I've never even heard of a story where someone got their Uber ride taken. Once you book it you'll get sent a picture of the car picking you up and a picture of the driver. Plus the driver will call you. Make sure to look for a discount code for your first time use. They're all over the internet. Can save 20 - 25 bucks.

• 2 weeks later...

So flying into LAX heading to the Best Western in San Pedro. I am assuming Uber will be able to make the trip? Any estimate of PRICE for trip by those that have done a similar trip? This will be a Saturday mid afternoon. How long would the trip be time wise?

Also, another trip would be from the Hyatt Centric to Lax also on a Satuday but late afternoon early evening. Not sure how traffic on a Saturday would be going into the airport. We have a 9pm-ish flight time. Price for trip and time for commute??

Thanks!!

• 7 months later...

I used uber from long beach pier to LAX this last April. After leaving the terminal I "booked" the car on the app and it took about 10-15 mins for him to arrive. There was a little confusion about where to meet him (I was waiting near the taxi stand) but met up with him in the pick up area inside the garage instead. Ride to the airport was swift and painless.

As a comparison, we used a pre booked Towncar from LAX to the pier. It took longer for us to meet up with that driver after luggage pick up and it cost about $15 more. I know uber isn't perfect, but when it works, it works well.

• 5 months later...

Glad I found this thread! Have used Uber around my own city occasionally, and when out of town on business. For past cruises out of Long Beach I have driven (live in Northern California), flown into LAX and rented a car and paid to park it in the garage, and have used Carnival's airport transfer. Wanted to try Uber this time and was pretty confident about taking it from the airport to the port, but was unsure if picking up at the port after the cruise was going to work. 26 days and counting for a Spring Break back 2 back!

Go into your Uber app and input the beginning and ending address. It will provide an estimate for every car level (Black, X, carpool, etc.)

I do this often before my rides and my actual trip is normally less than estimated.

Hope this helps

• 2 years later...