Patches and Bonine allowed at the same time?

jjnewboots

Hi everyone?

I tend to get motion sickness pretty bad. I've cruised before and have used the patch which usually works but even with the patch I usually have a couple of nights that I end up feeling the motion pretty bad and it sometimes can really get to me. I wondered if it was okay to take bonine on the really bad nights or if wer'e not allowed to mix the two. If not, can I use the sea bands on those nights? I'm a little concerned because I usually have a cabin in the middle of the ship but this time I have one on the lido deck and at the very front of the ship. I'm hoping I'm not going to spend the entrire cruise sick .... I'm trying to go in prepared.

thanks,

Jjnewboots:)

I would never use both medications at the same time. Even though one is an over the counter med, they still contain active ingredients that could be harmful if combined. If you get really seasick, just go to the clinic and get the shot---those work wonders.

The patch directions say not to use with other medications for motion sickness, so that's out! Since the patch failed to work for you at some point, I would suggest skipping the patch altogether. It can also sometimes cause hallucinations, and it doesn't sound like it's the perfect med for you. (That was my reaction, and it wasn't pleasant.)

If you take a Bonine a couple of hours before you board the ship, and one every evening before going to sleep, you shouldn't have any problem. Works for most people when taking it that way.

We went to Bermuda in 03 and caught the edge of a hurricane! I get seasick just watching TV! I took Bonine starting 2 days before I got on the ship and every morning there after. I never got the least seasick. They even put out the "bags" one night. I also took my seaband, it is the one that works on the batteries and used that when the seas got really rough.

Heading to Hawaii in November and using the same thing again. Why fool around when you find something that works.

Diane

Archived