Carnival Fun Shop, Liquor for Cabin

Guineaman

So things have changed a bit since our last cruise. Am I right in saying that if we want a bottle for our cabin, so we can have our 6:00 pm cocktail, we can order it from the Carnival Fun Shop and it'll be delivered? Then I guess we can arrange with our steward to have ice, club soda, and glasses delivered.

Do we do this once we're at sea, or can we do it in advance?

You are correct about being able to order your bottle of choice as long as it is carried by Carnival on their Bon Voyage program. You should also be able to order a six pack of club soda at the same time. We sailed the Liberty last year and I ordered my hubby a bottle of Bacardi through Bon Voyage prior to our sailing. As far as glasses and ice are concerned that would not be a problem, just let your cabin steward know. We always had our ice bucket filled twice a day.

Enjoy your cruise!!!

You can also order once on board, just go to carnivals website and log in as you would to order pre-cruise (no internet access required).

I ordered on board on the Pride last Spring.

Just got a 1 liter bottle of Jack and 6 Cokes for a whopping $90 +$8 tax on the Dream last week.

I am wondering if you'd save the $8 tax if you ordered after the ship is out to sea (I didnt think to check if I got nailed for taxes last Spring)....might be worth the wait.

I ordered water and beer from the Fun Shops to be in the room when we board in New Orleans on the Dream and I paid tax on the order. I ordered Jack Daniels to be delivered by 9 the first night and I didn't pay taxes. I assumed that was because it will be delivered after we leave the port.

We've done both ways. You can order online pre cruise and it will be in your room waiting when you board (unless you cruise from Texas, I think). You do pay tax when you order pre cruise. We also ordered a bottle of Barcardi from room service on Day 2. We were not charged any gratuity or tax. It was $80 just like online.

It's better to order before boarding. I ordered the first bottle before boarding; it included tax. We ended up ordering a 2nd bottle while on board and they include a 15% gratuity.

happy cruising to you!!

Good point! I never thought about the gratuity....they get you one way or another.