Dailies for Norwegian Gem 2016?

Girlygirljn

I think Second City used to be funny I remember seeing them years ago with older people and I know plenty of comedians got their start in Second City but the people they have in the group now just aren't as good? Will probably still give them a shot on this cruise

For sure, give them a shot! They do three shows: 1 scripted (in the theater) and 2 improv (in Spinnaker), one of which is "adults only." Of the cast, Mark is really terrific; the others not so much. But still, go see the show.

I looked on Bernard's website just wanna clarify...which tour did you do or which would you recommend?

We did Bernard's Tour Number 2, the one that gives you time at Orient Beach (and not shopping time in Marigot). Orient Beach was beautiful, and we were glad we'd chosen that Tour. Plus we aren't shoppers. (As it turned out, because we were there on a Sunday, many of the stores were closed anyway. The folks who'd done Tour Number 1, and who had a lot more time in Marigot, didn't seem very happy about it.)

Here's one of my photos from Maho Beach, btw, the last stop on Bernard's Tour:

United%20over%20Maho%201024x697_zpsiynpsr8b.jpg

(photo by turtles06)

We did Bernard's Tour Number 2, the one that gives you time at Orient Beach (and not shopping time in Marigot). Orient Beach was beautiful, and we were glad we'd chosen that Tour. Plus we aren't shoppers. (As it turned out, because we were there on a Sunday, many of the stores were closed anyway. The folks who'd done Tour Number 1, and who had a lot more time in Marigot, didn't seem very happy about it.)

(photo by turtles06)

Nice photo.

YES THANK YOU SO MUCH THIS IS WHAT I NEEDED!!

And the martinis just add that special vacation touch...

(photo by turtles06)

Gorgeous photo. Granted I'm actually terrified of planes and flying and low flying planes but I might try to conquer my fear and go to Maho beach. I've heard it's best to stand back from the plane though because it gets super windy and painful!

Gorgeous photo. Granted I'm actually terrified of planes and flying and low flying planes but I might try to conquer my fear and go to Maho beach. I've heard it's best to stand back from the plane though because it gets super windy and painful!

Thank you. IMHO, the best place to watch from (certainly to photograph from) is where I took the photo--- at the end of the Sunset Bar. You get the perspective of the plane landing over the beach, and NO wind from the plane.

Thank you. IMHO, the best place to watch from (certainly to photograph from) is where I took the photo--- at the end of the Sunset Bar. You get the perspective of the plane landing over the beach, and NO wind from the plane.

The planes that are coming in for landing do not cause wind. The wind (propulsion exhaust, I would call it) is from the planes that are taking off. Stand back from that.

We're on the gem 12th March.

Did a southern Caribbean tour 11 years ago, and sadly I can't remember which Island 'Rainbow Man' was on (could have been Tortolla). He was fantastic. Can't find trace of him on the net

We've already booked the tour with Barnards - also Brenda & Franko's Fun Tours in St. Thomas. Still troubled over Tortolla because of the limited time we have there.

We' do San Juan via walk and trolleybus

Turtles is quite right - these guys know they simply cannot get bad reviews - it's their livelihood that's at stake.

We're on the gem 12th March....

Still troubled over Tortolla because of the limited time we have there.

The limited time definitely makes it tough. We did the Norman Island Snorkel though NCL and it was excellent. Snorkeled at the Indians, a well known snorkel spot. Have a great cruise!

Big%20silver%20fish%202%201024x807_zpshyhljlpj.jpg

(Photo by turtles06)

The limited time definitely makes it tough. We did the Norman Island Snorkel though NCL and it was excellent. Snorkeled at the Indians, a well known snorkel spot. Have a great cruise!

Big%20silver%20fish%202%201024x807_zpshyhljlpj.jpg

(Photo by turtles06)

Great image, and thanks for the response. What sort of camera do you have? It's one thing I would really like to splash out on (excuse the pun) - not sure whether the duty free on the ship is going to be that cheap. Still, should be able to get some internet look up time from my 250 free minutes :rolleyes:

Great image, and thanks for the response. What sort of camera do you have? It's one thing I would really like to splash out on (excuse the pun) - not sure whether the duty free on the ship is going to be that cheap. Still, should be able to get some internet look up time from my 250 free minutes :rolleyes:

Thanks for the kind words. I was using a Nikon AW100 underwater camera. It's small and I like it because it also takes good images above water. (It's a few years old, there are newer AW models.) It's the camera I take with me when I'm at the beach or in any wet environment when I don't want to bring my DSLR or mirrorless.

Thanks for the information turtles.

I am sort of into photography, but would like to be better without resorting to photoshop! I was so impressed with the beautiful colours.

Nothing photoshopped in what I've posted on here! :)

Practice, practice, practice. Take TONS of photos. The professionals do, you just never see their bad shots.

Have a great cruise!