Need Help With What To Do In Grenada Please

mosaic45

All beaches in Grenada are public property, so everything is accessible. The best-known beach is probably Grand Anse but I have heard it can be a little crowded. There are plenty of watersport facilities there though. I stayed at the Rex Grenadian for a week and their beach was fine, not too many braiders hassling you although they do hang out near the watersports equipment building.

If you are interested in renting kayaks, I believe the Aquarium restaurant still has them. This is down at Point Salines near the airport, and the restaurant is beautiful and has good food. Unfortunately you will find a lot of the beaches in Grenada are very narrow due to the hurricanes.

There is some good information here:

http://www.grenadaguide.com/Beaches.htm

Unfortunately you will find a lot of the beaches in Grenada are very narrow due to the hurricanes.

I have to disagree here, when Hurricane Ivan struck it was not accompanied by a significant sea swell thus did little damage to the beaches beyond blowing over some of the palm trees so there is not so much shaded area.

I would not describe beaches like Grand Anse as narrow. This beach is 2 miles long and the only place it gets crowded is the area around the Vendors Market because that is where most of the visitors on cruise ships congregate. Take a walk along the beach a little way and you will have plenty of space.

However if you do want a banana boat ride these go from the vendors market, naturally enough these activiyies operate from where there are the greatest number of potential customers.

I had meant in terms of depth, and my experience on Grenada was that the beach was narrow. I didn't go to Grand Anse, though.

Then you certainly missed out. Grand Anse has plenty of space from the back to the waterline and is beautiful white sand.

As a matter of interest which beaches did you visit?

Archived