MSC Self Service Laundry Facilities ?

J&B in GA

Does MSC Divina have Self Service Laundry Facilities ? I've looked at floor plans and cannot locate any. If so, where are they, how much for wash & dry, and do you need quarters for the machines or do they charge back to your S&S acct ?

If not, was onboard laundry service very expensive ?

Thank you for all reply's.

Does MSC Divina have Self Service Laundry Facilities ?(1) I've looked at floor plans and cannot locate any. If so, where are they, how much for wash & dry, and do you need quarters for the machines or do they charge back to your S&S acct ?

If not, was onboard laundry service very expensive ?(2)

(1) None of the MSC ships has self service laundry facilities

(2) Here is a quote from "BermudaBound2014" on Feb 9th 2016 on the thread on this link:-

http://boards.cruisecritic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2309570&highlight=laundry

2) Laundry seems like it is very favorably priced.

Back Home Clean 10 Items is $20.00: "Back Home clean 10

"Prolong your holiday by returning home with your shirts and trousers washed, dried and ready to store. Ideal for a seven-day cruise. This service enables you and the other occupants of your cabin to have your garments washed and ironed at any time during the cruise or even all together on the last day of cruise (max 10 items per cabin). Dry cleaning is excluded. Items are collected before 10 am and returned before 5 pm the following day. On the last day (day prior disembarkation) of the cruise items are collected before 9 am and returned before 5 pm the same day. Silk, wool, men?s suits and evening dress are excluded from the last day of the cruise option as they require special treatment. Note: This offer cannot be combined with promotions reserved for MSC Yacht Club and MSC Club Members."

Back Home Clean 20 items is $30.00 and 40 Items is $50.00. It think this is terrific especially since you don't have to get it all done in one bag at one time. I could easily pack in a carry-on with the 10 Item cleaning package and be set for the week. I may just do it for the challenge .

Pete

Edited by Skier52

I have used the MSC laundry service and find it fantastic. We bought a special package for 30 pieces for 30 euros however I believe they have revised that offer.

Clothes are washed, ironed and hung on hangers!!! Its great to return home after a relaxing holiday with clothes that are just ready to be hung in the wardrobe!!

Does MSC Divina have Self Service Laundry Facilities ? I've looked at floor plans and cannot locate any. If so, where are they, how much for wash & dry, and do you need quarters for the machines or do they charge back to your S&S acct ?

If not, was onboard laundry service very expensive ?

No self serve.

• 3 months later...

Sorry to revive an old thread, but I am having trouble understanding the term...

the "bring home clean XX" is that XX per day or XX total? And what constitutes as 1...for example each sock? underpants?

Kinda blind-sided by this as I have been cruising on carnival before and they have self service laundry room.

Edited by lettcco

Sorry to revive an old thread, but I am having trouble understanding the term...

the "bring home clean XX" is that XX per day or XX total? And what constitutes as 1...for example each sock? underpants?

Kinda blind-sided by this as I have been cruising on carnival before and they have self service laundry room.

They have different packages. For example if you buy a 20 item package that 20 items over the course of you cruise. It is usual a 24 hour turnaround.

I would never advise sending socks or undies as they if needed could easily be washed in the sink and hung out to dry on the line provided in the bathroom. But yes f you wished 1 undies would be 1 item.

I would never advise sending socks or undies as they if needed could easily be washed in the sink and hung out to dry on the line provided in the bathroom. But yes f you wished 1 undies would be 1 item.

And, of course, socks and underwear are small and easily packed. I used the 10 item package on my last cruise and loved it. I didn't use all 10 items, though, maybe 6 or 7. While packing for cruises, I usually pull t-shirts out of drawers wrinkled and "refresh" them by washing them before I pack them. This time, I threw them in my suitcase wrinkled and sent them to the laundry the first day. While on the cruise, I wore my shorts/capris for 2 days in a row then sent them out. Then, wore the next pair for 2 days while the first was being laundered. It worked perfectly. On the laundry bag, you mark whether you want your shirts hung or folded.

• 3 years later...

The price for our Musica cruise next month is 

10 for $28, 20 for $38, and 40 for $49

I would generally pack enough socks and underwear for the 9 day cruise, plus hotel stay the night before.  I wash t-shirts.  I bought the 10 item one for our 7 day cruise.  I might buy the 20 item one for this cruise.